one

"i'm from the future."

"you're from the what?!" matcha whisper-yelled, 7 feet away at the boy who somehow climbed through her window at 3 in the morning. "is this some type of joke you losers from westmond are pulling!?"

"no! hear me out. i'm from 2098." the boy said frantically. 

"look, i even have a techno-chip implanted in my ear for extra-strength. the 2021 people don't have that right?" he said, stepping nearer to the girl with a bat at her side.

"yo, don't get any closer." she threatened. "i just wanted some milk, why'd you have to break in?! get this all LEGAL?!" she said, aimlessly swinging as the boy ducked. 

he yelled frustrated, screwing the whispering. "the professor didn't say it'd be THIS hard!" 

"professor?! what professor?" matcha yelled back, weapon slung over her shoulder. 

"put the FREAKING bat down!" he held his hands up. "i'm a good person. i literally promise." 

"that's what all criminals say!"

"please? i'll make your milk for you! let me explain." the boy hurriedly surrendered to nothing.

matcha perked her ears at the mention of 'milk'. she loosened her grip on the weapon. "you have thirty seconds." she deadpanned.

"OKAY, OKAY! i'mparksunghoonfrom2098andimonthisthingwhrherfuwihhfhkjdhriewjhfjdhkjjh," the boy spit out at rapid speed, trying to get out his story.

"english, please." the girl scorned. 

"that IS english! do the 2021ers just not understand perfect literature?" the guy asked.

the infamous '???' expression crossed over matcha's face. 

"you have ONE minute then, weird alien. explain and make it make sense." she gave him the dirty eye.

the stranger sighed. "i'm park sunghoon from 2098. i used a time travel machine to get here for a school project, i swear. i'm supposed to note the behavioral patterns of someone from the past and explain their lifestyle and get a better understanding. that's all i know." he breathed out, sincerely. 

matcha scoffed at him. "and how long do you need to stay here?" she crossed her arms. "look, earth's gravitational orbit quickened over time. in my era, i was told to stay here for a month. in uh, your guys's era, that would be seven." he bites his lip, nervous.

"SO you're telling m-"

"keep it down!" sunghoon groaned. "look, i'm not the only one. other kids landed in other parts of the world, i just got south korea because of my heritage. don't think i'm shitting you for something." 

matcha nodded, eyebrows raised as she tossed aside her bat. "cool. make me some milk." she ordered, walking back to her room and leaving sunghoon to fumble with the drawers.