𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

CHAPTER FOUR

poseidon & amphrite

ELIZABETH LUPIN GRUMBLED when she saw that all of her chocolate chip cookies were gone when she got home from Diagon Alley. 

She had been spending time with her friends and getting the last of her school supplies. She was really looking forward to one of her perfect cookies ( she had spent 4 hours the night before perfecting the white/brown sugar ratio ) and was severely pissed off that there were none left for her to enjoy. 

"Remus!" she yelled up the stairs.

"Yes?" he yelled back.

"What the fuck?" she yelled back up. "My cookies?" 

"Oh yeah- we got hungry!" he shouted back. "They were really good!"

"I know, that's why I wanted one when I- you know what, forget it," she huffed as she dropped her bags to the ground. 

Remus, knowing that he had fucked up, came quickly down the stairs, the boys in tow. 

"We're sorry-" Remus apologized.

"I'm not," James interjected.

"Don't you have something better to do like wreck a perfectly happy relationship?" Betty snapped.

"At least I don't spend my time sucking the joy out of the room!" James shot back.

"I'd rather do that than only think about joy and hurt other people in the process because I'm too ignorant to think about anyone else except for myself!" she yelled.

"Oh yeah? Like your mo-" James started.

"That's enough!" Sirius shouted. "Both of you. I can't believe I'm the more mature of the two of you." 

Betty stayed glaring at James, but stopped talking as did he. She eventually tore her gaze away and looked at a helpless Remus Lupin. Her heart broke a little at the sight and on the inside, she reset.

"It's fine," she said with a smile. "It's fine. I'm fine. This is all ... fine. I will be upstairs if any of you need me."