[1] - 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

THE SUN HAD STARTED to set. Y/N placed his keys down on the counter near the apartment door as he entered.

There was no need to switch on the lights, since the large pane glass windows in the living room lit up the room. Y/N was lucky enough to acquire a place like this several months ago. There was a time when he wondered how he'd get by financially, since his only source of income was cut off with the downfall of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Word got out to Y/N that a new S.H.I.E.L.D team was being formed, but he thought it'd be best to simply stay with the Avengers and work with them. Besides, just like Maria Hill, authorities were after Y/N for the events that happened a year ago in Washington D.C. As long as he was close to Tony Stark, his team's lawyers would keep them away.

A part of Y/N thought Pepper Potts scared them too.

Y/N sat on the sofa, putting his hands on his face as he took a breath. Lots of things were going on at the time.

Yesterday, he went with the Avengers to take down HYDRA soldiers in Sudan, lead by a doctor named Jensen. The mission was so sudden, as Natasha had J.A.R.V.I.S inform them about it while she did recon there. They took the Quinjet and flew there to assist her.

The Avengers got back early in the morning today, and Y/N took most of the rest of the day simply getting as much sleep as he could. Right now, he had just got back from an evening jog.

He got up from the sofa and started making his way into his room. Y/N figured it was time for a shower. Before he can begin undressing, his cellphone rings.

He picked it up from his nightstand and looked at it. It was a call from Steve. The super-soldier rarely called to simply chit-chat at that time of day, so he figured it was important.

"Steve? I see you've figured your way around a mobile phone." Y/N joked.

Steve chuckled on the other end of the call, "Come on, I woke up three years ago. I had plenty of time to learn."

"I'm surprised you had the time based on what happened these last few years."

"Yeah, it's kept me from catching up on the Dodgers, which I still don't understand why they moved to Los Angeles."

Y/N let out a chuckle of his own, maybe he'll explain it to him one day. "So, what's this about?"

"I'm calling everyone back to the tower. Can you make it?"

Y/N sighed as he sat on the edge of his bed.

"I was about to shower. What's so important that I should refrain from enjoying my evening bliss?"

There was silence for a moment, and then Steve replied.

"We found Strucker. He has the scepter."

• • •

INSIDE AVENGERS TOWER, Y/N entered the large office. He saw the sun still setting through the big window that wrapped around the room.

The agent must've arrived early, since the only members in the office were Tony and Steve. They looked over at their fellow Avengers' team member and greeted him.

"Hey, kid. Glad you could make it. Drink?" Tony asked, as he began pouring himself drink on the table.

"I'm fine. Thanks, Tony." They sit down at the table. "Must be early. Where's everybody else?"

"Romanoff's here. I already called the rest of the team so they should be on their way." Steve replied.

Tony looked at Steve as he took a sip from his glass.