Chapter 24

GeGe

The three of them looked worriedly at the now awaken JuJu. The little boy on the side tips his toes to look at the confused JuJu and shout.

"I'm sorry JuJu! Please don't die!"

Juan burst into laughter while He Yan slaps her forehead for her stupid son, JuJu on the other hand looks at him in disbelief.

"Are you cursing me to die?!" Her eyes were wide looking like she's about to devour this naive dog.

"JuJu!" Juan's voice turned sharp making JuJu lower her head after being reprimanded.

"I'm not- I don't- JuJu no!" He said in broken words while waving his arms in rejection of her words.

"It's my child's fault, we're sorry for JuJu's injury" He Yan came up to remedy the situation but her son decided to dismiss her help and was determined to worsen the situation.

"Don't worry JuJu! I'll take responsibility for you!"

They heard someone coughing and the other one sighing in helplessness. The situation turned into a dog blood drama where a man- no, a boy is willing to sacrifice himself to the woman who is her savior.

In JuJu's mind, she wanted to go back to sleep again and not wake up before this naive dog leaves, or else she'll beat the hell out of this dog.

...

He Yan and Juan were talking in the living room while this naive dog, Xiao Ruo is currently facing me as if he's facing life and death.

Well, he should be.

"I saved you, where's my reward?" I immediately asked him about my rewards lest he thinks of another crazy thing again.

"Reward? What reward do you want JuJu? When I do a good job mommy would buy-"

"Money! I need money!" I gritted my teeth, this naive dog, does he think I wanted some candy or some toys as a reward?!

"Don't worry JuJu, I'll ask my mommy for your reward for saving me!" He was about to go to the living room when I stop him.

We're currently inside our bedroom, maybe Juan thinks that we're still children and we don't need to be separated or something but I'm an adult woman in mind!

"I have a plan so let's wait for a couple of minutes okay?" He nodded dutifully and I smiled in satisfaction.

A few seconds had just passed and Xiao Ruo began to feel unsettled until I open my eyes and look at him in question.

"Can we play JuJu?" I was about to say no when I see his eyes blinking pitifully at me, I sighed and nodded at him.

I pulled a snake and ladder game under the drawer and push it to him. The two of us spend our time playing snake and ladder before I heard Juan calling me.

"It's time!" My eyes sparkled in joy and I can already feel the bountiful rewards that I'll be getting.

"Trust me JuJu! I'll get your rewards before we leave!" He whispered but the thought of trusting him again made my face hurt.

If I answered yes then I have to call him Gege even though I'm way older than him and if not, with just the look on his face I can already tell that he's going to cry.

"Okay gege!"

Just great, I just slapped my own face with my hands, wonderful!

The two of us went out and I plop to Juan's side, my eyes tearing up and I readied myself for the performance.

"Mommy, I want to go to the capital to go to school with gege too! Can we?" My lips wobbled and pearl-like tears fell on my face as I look at her with a pitiful stance.

Since I'm about to be four in just a few weeks, I decided to go to the capital to 'learn' and go to a private school making with Xiao Ruo. With an affluent and powerful backing, going to the capital and facing the camera will be as easy as a blink of an eye.

"School? We'll decide that later okay?" She turned pale and I felt kind of bad since I know our expenses these past few days were like running water, it's gone down the drain now.

"Mommy, can JuJu go to the same school as me? I promise we'll study hard!" That's right Xiao Ruo, well done!

"No need, JuJu is still young so I don't think-"

"Mommy please?" I tug on her arm and gazed at her with watery eyes, Xiao Ruo ran off to our side and copied my actions.

Well, now I can see the charm of this little guy, great job Xiao Ruo! Keep it up and soon we'll get our goal complete!

I've already abandoned the rewarded money in my head since it's better to get in a better relationship with a powerful person. Hugging someone's thigh and that someone younger than you, well, I should be ashamed but hey I'm just trying to survive and complete my task!

"We'll support her education" He Yan came up to us and I dance inside my head.

Juan looked at her in both shame and gratification while I and Xiao Ruo celebrate our successful plan.

Yey! I am one step further in completing my task!

***
Chapter 24 is up!

Yep, pride is nothing in the face of life and death.

We just had a quiz today and yes, I knew that I flunk it, great. Don't be like me!

Anyway, thank you for your votes, and have a great day!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!