The Savior

When Midoriya got back to the League of Villains headquarters, he sighed and collapsed to lounge on a couch. "There's no place like evil lair," he announced.

"I never should have let you watch that movie," Tomura growled from where he was reading a newspaper. "What took you so long?"

"Talking about costume improvements. Actually it got me thinking that I should get some sort of costume for my vigilante work, too. What do you think? Offensive stuff is so hard when—"

Shigaraki cut him off. "You can worry about your non-lethal attack gadgets at school, you dumbass. This is vigilante work, just take a gun."

"Oh, you're right," Midoriya acknowledged. "Am I good with guns? I can't remember what all my training was."

"You're a hell of a lot better with guns than you are with hand-to-hand, I can tell you that. Anyway, we've been waiting for you. Tomorrow we're raiding U.A. and—"

"What?" Midoriya asked. "Since when? Why didn't I know about this? Am I supposed to be a hero or am I with you guys? Are we throwing away all that effort to get into U.A. in the first place?" Why—"

"Would you shut up?" Tomura snarled. "As I was saying, we're going to raid U.A., and we'll disguise it with all the media attention the school will be getting tomorrow, asking about All Might as a teacher. We'll break in, take the school plans, and plan our next attack. In all the chaos, your job will be to get caught by the media but make it look like an accident. While everyone's cameras and attention are on you, we'll take care of the rest."

"Do we have any idea what the next plan might be, so I don't get blindsided next time?" Midoriya asked, annoyed. "If I'm gonna be a key player in this, I need to be in the loop!"

"You're a key player behind enemy lines, idiot. We can't risk telling you everything, someone might figure out how to get our secrets from you. Besides, the less you know, the easier you can claim innocence if you're caught."

Midoriya  gritted his teeth, bouncing his leg in frustration. "Okay. Yeah. But, when your real attack happens, I'll be playing on the hero side, right? If you manage to somehow kill All Might that's not my problem, but I like most of my classmates. If you try to kill any of them, I'll be protecting them."

"Well, that was fast! I thought you didn't want to be there in the first place," Tomura teased. "Did those wannabe heroes win you over so quickly?"

"Well, I did already make some friends. Some of them I don't really care for, but I figure that I don't want you guys knowing which ones I like more than the others. All For One will target them. Also, if I go ahead and save everyone's lives, that'll get everyone's attention on me as their star hero, which is following Boss's orders."

"Fine, fine," Shigaraki said, waving his hand dismissively. "Mostly we'll be using a bunch of low-level thugs to scatter and distract the students. They'll probably be pretty ruthless if they somehow manage to get the better of your classmates, but if your friends are any good they should be fine."

"Good," Midoriya said shortly, still annoyed. If he didn't somehow break through All For One's brainwashing, he would end up betraying everyone he was getting attached to. As of now, he couldn't do anything about it.

He shifted into the persona of the Savior, his hair shorter and darker as his height decreased and his face changed. He threw on the dark cloak that he'd been using as a costume so far, and he equipped several knives and firearms on his person. Tonight, he was very frustrated, so he wanted to be extra prepared for when he inevitably got himself into a rough situation.

Perched on the roof of a nearby building several minutes later, he closed his eyes and listened to the sounds of the city below. The occasional scuffle, the yelling of street hawkers trying to draw attention to their shops. The city had a rhythm, a heartbeat that he was finding easier and easier to tap into. He felt himself somehow start to resonated with that heartbeat, and as always, something was wrong near the headquarters of the Eight Precepts of Death, or as they were more officially known, Shie Hassaikai.