Chapter 20 - Bad memories

Loki lent against the wall with the other few, Cap, Stark, Nat and Wanda actually helping along with the plan. It was perfectly crafted, kicking into the deepest recesses of human primal nature.

Awe? That wouldn't describe the genius you had at your finger tips. Apparent lack of schooling was almost impossible for him to believe, but Peter had confirmed it while they were left alone for a bit.

"And lastly-" you look to the empty table and stop at the sight of a figure hunched over. With ringmaster clothing, the messy auburn hair gave it away.

Fabian.

"If I knew you were capable of doing something like this, I wouldn't have actually fought back,"

"Uhm, Y/n?" Nat stepped forward. "Is this real?"

"No, no of course not, just a silly mis-calculation," you wave away her worry and prod the mallet at Fabian who disappeared. "Anyways-"

"My darling!" Anna calls out, running forward to you, her dress dragging behind with open arms. "Oh, you've grown so much," her hands clutched your face, pinching the soft skin and kissing it lightly. "Mu masi bisa ngomong bahasa?" (Can you still speak (Indonesian)?)

"Bisa lah... tapi anda tidak nyata," (Of course... but you're not real)

She slowly faded into a spark of blue. "How cute, always so clingy and emotional," Fabian popped up behind you again as a shadow of bad memories. The mallet was swung through only for a rope of oozing ink to bind your arms together and throw you back.

"Y/n!" Clint rushes forward and grabs an illusion of a tray, slamming it on Fabian.

"What is this?"

"Bad memory I presume," Loki readied the illusion of a dagger, one only able to hurt an illusion considering this one would not rid itself under your command.

"Can that happen?" Sam looks to Loki who deadpans, pointing to the scene. "Right,"

"Wanda, get her mind calm, rid the memory from causing any more damage," Loki orders, Wanda running to your groaning body, arms giving up under you.

"Focus on me, focus," Wanda let her magic spark in your mind to bring out a good memory. Oh, how the opposite happened.

A faded version of yourself popped up on top of another version of Fabian, running the knife through his chest.

Across the room was a young version of you staring in horror as a woman crumbled in anguish as a needle stuck out her skin.

"Thanks, boys," Another you slammed down cards before taking money. "I- I won fair and-" a smack was landed to your face as you fell off the wooden table with winds knocked out your lungs.

"Look who it is!" A small man with a bowler hat cackles, pointing at a drenched child version of you. "Still on the water dumping acts, huh? Sad excuse of a carny," a bottle was thrown, smashing against the tree you passed.

"Give us your pay or we'll kill you," two tall lean clowns snatched the $5 from your teen hands before pushing you in the mud.

"Aw, you want your shitty little doll? Who still sleeps with a stuffed animal?" One of the magic act assistants held the bear, two of her friends snickering like hyenas. "Would be a shame to- whoops!" She took a pair of fabric scissors and snipped off the head. "Oh, no!" She cackles.

Suddenly at the centre of the room, one ink consumed figure of you let out an ear piercing scream, clutching at your heart before falling to your knees and curling up.

This was the last straw for Loki as he gave up trying to take down the illusion, instead sliding to you and holding you tight. He mumbled soft Asgardian sleeping spells into your ear, putting you to sleep and the illusion dropping finally in a cloud of frosty mist.

They were all in their chairs again but this time your figure was fallen on the ground upon a pile of shattered glass. "Bring her to the medical room," Bruce hurried Clint away down the hall after he elected himself to carry you away.

"What was that?" Everyone looked to the magic users in the room.

"Don't look at me," Wanda shudders, guilt  from the slight chance she could have caused this muffling her thoughts.

"Her illusions were overtaken by bad memories... that's what happens with large scale ones,"

"So what? Illusion memories went Haywire?"

"In short, yes, but if she was to pull more large illusions she may risk bad memories stopping her form coming back into reality," Loki mumbles, standing up and leaving the room as everyone followed him.

"We need to ask to what extent because we need her on this, but I don't want to risk losing her," Tony looked to confirm everyone understood. "But if she can't do it, if Banner says she can't, she won't ok? None of you will push her,"

Tony followed in suit to the medical wing as the group stared at the reminiscence of the plan.

~~~

Yeet

Yeet

- Anna ❤️