43. He's back...

They both heard a Knock at the door. Turning around they found Ashton holding the door ajar.
"I think you both have discussed more than enough."

Doctor laughed at that comment as he said, " I guess so. Come on in."

As Ashton sat beside Lilly he took her hand in his once again and placed it on his thigh. Just one simple touch from him was making it hard for Lilly to focus on what the doctor was saying.

"I hope you both can come together for the next session as well because couple sessions are always great." the doctor said turning his attention to Ashton. " I will prescribe you some medicines. Take them only when you feel anxious."

"Alright." Ashton nodded with a small smile.

"So let's meet the next time." doctor smiled as both the men shook their hands.

"Thanks." Lilly smiled at the doctor as she walked out of the cabin followed by Ashton.

While on their way back home Lilly noticed how Ashton was still looking worried. He was still holding her hand tightly in his grasp. Since the minute they had left doctor's cabin he hadn't let go of her hand even for a second.

"What is it, Ashton?" she asked completely aware of the fact that there was something going on in his mind.

"What did he say?" Ashton asked nervously. "Did he say that I...am violent or something?"

" I don't remember you raising your hand on me ever. So how can you be violent?" Lilly smiled. "And as for the doctor, he said that your husband is the best in this world."

"Of course, he would say that. I pay him loads of money so he gotta praise me at least a little." he huffed making Lilly laugh. ''but still did he say something?" he questioned again.

"Something like what?"  she prompted.

"Like how difficult I am to deal with or something along the line." he looked at her expecting an answer but still scared to hear it.

"Ashton, if he had said something like that then do you think he would still have his teeth attached to his gums?" She smiled showing him her fist while trying her best to lighten the heavy atmosphere in the car at least a little.

"So everything went good?" he asked hoping against hope.

"Of course, it did. He said Lilly is lucky to find a handsome hunk for herself. He praised you so much that even I wanted to say a few words in your honour but then you interrupted or else I would surely have boasted about your bed skills." she smiled at him mischievously.

Ashton laughed as he interviewined his fingers with hers and shifted a little so he could rest his head on her shoulder. It felt nice to lower the guard once in a while, he acknowledged but then he remembered something and sat bolt upright.

"What happened?" Lilly asked.

''Yesterday, I frightened Sam. Do you think he would be mad at me?" he questioned.

His question caught her by surprise and she wasn't sure how to answer. "Er... I am not sure."

"Stop the car in front of the shop at your right." Ashton instructed the driver.

The driver obeyed and before Lilly could question him Ashton got out of the car leaving behind his Lilly who was still trying to understand what he was up to. When he came back a few minutes later she noticed the small carry bag in his hands.

"What is it?" she asked peeking in the bag.

''It's a gift for Sam. Yesterday I really scared him so I hope you would forgive me after seeing this toy. Do you think he'll forgive and forget?''