Chapter 21 - Healing

It seemed medical help did little to nothing so it was resorted to Loki performing healing spells on you. When you woke up an hour after Bruce's decision to let Loki do a spell that he had modified for Midgardians, Loki was pacing in anticipation, staring intently at a book.

He looked up in a halt, turning to see your soft eyes staring at him. "You're awake,"

"Was that not obvious?" you chuckle. "What's this?" you see a cloud of green above your head, spews of magic seeping into your veins, panic rising up. "Get it out!"

"No, no, calm down," he moved over and took your hand. "It's just fixing the broken rib, it's alright," the coo of his voice made you breath into a calm clarity.

"What happened?" you dared not to let go of his hand which he wasn't against at all, whether aware or not.

"Your illusion got overtaken by-"

"Memories? Damn," you turn away making him furrow his brows.

"It's happened before, hasn't it?"

"A few times," a finger turned your face back.

"You shouldn't risk it, do you know the outcome if you get stuck?"

"No, but I doubt it's good," curling up and looking around, you feel your heart drop.

"What is it? Did you want your stuffed animal?" Loki smirks as you scowled. In his hand with a shimmer of green Anna appeared. "I think it's adorable,"

"Shut up," sticking your tongue out at him and grabbing the bear, you rested back more comfortably before holding his hand again. "Thanks,"

"For?"

"I assume you saved me?"

"We all did-"

"Loki, prince of Asgard, trickster god of mischief and lies being humble?? Am I in heaven?!" You call out making him roll his eyes. "Thank you, Loki," you kiss his cheek and move aside on the bed which was bigger than what you remembered a hospital bed being, but to be fair this was a tower with quite large heroes.

"I won't fit," he laughs at your pout. "But 'Lokitty' will," he air quotes you before shifting into a cat and curling into your arms.

~~~

The next few days were for recovery but it seemed the mission had been moved closer which brought bad news.

You were not going to go.

"Come on! I want to help!" You plead to the group. "I'm all good!"

"No, Y/n, we can't risk you falling behind, we can't babysit you on a mission," Clint sighs.

"Babysit? You think I'm weak, why? Because I'm not a god or an insanely skilled assassin?"

"Because your powers are driven by too many emotions that may affect the mission, we can't risk this," Wanda mumbles, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"You're shitting me right?!"

"Watch your mouth, L/n," Cap's warning was ignored.

"I get hurt once because of a stupid incident and now I'm weak and unstable?? Stick it right up there, assholes," you flip them off before storming off. "Fucking shits," cussing faded down the hall with you until your door was slammed shut.

"Are you sure you're okay with staying behind, Mr Loki?"

"I'll be fine, Spiderling, besides, they have you, a huge advantage I must say," Loki ruffles Peter's hair before walking off. "Just don't die, Stark,"

"You care? Aww-"

"Only because you provide with valued slips of paper," Loki quips, walking off as Tony flips the god off behind his back.

~~~

Loki let you have your much needed alone time. He found that you wanted space, before receiving support and confinement, just to collate thoughts properly. An hour turned into three then a half a day. Not a single squeak to which a feather could be heard hitting the chilly floor.

All this time, Loki sat on the couch with his book, buried away in the corner of the room in a crevice to which no one ever noticed him in, unless they were looking.

Suddenly you walked out with tear stained eyes, the sight breaking his heart, he had seen you cry but it was always for 'stupid' things—as Cap had stated—like characters on TV or the demise of the apparent 'perfect' sandwich.

"Stupid Avengers, stupid Tony, stupid Steve, stupid Loki and stupid Clint," you kick one of the lower cabinet doors causing it to almost break through. "Stupid cabinet... Stupid tower!" You scream in rage before tossing knives around and slumping down against the island table.

"Y/n," Loki mumbles, his boots gazed on by your teary eyes.

"What are you doing here? I thought you went with the others?" you snarl, curling further up against the cold back surface.

"I wanted to stay, make sure you were okay, which the answer is evidently no," he knelt down and held his hand out which you take and hug him close.

"I'm not weak, I'm useful! Seriously! I- I can do a lot to help!" you sniffle into his shoulder as his arm wrapped slowly around until you were curled against his chest, his legs crossed like a burrow for you to sit in.

"I know, darling, I know, but we wish only the best for you, I wish the best for you," a finger curled to push back stuck hairs along your s/c cheeks.

"Best would be letting me go with them, I wanted to prove myself to the team! To you!" another round flooded out as he kissed your crown.

"You have no need to prove anything, your worth is evident; you are strong, brave, intelligent, gorgeous and despite being an annoying little minx sometimes, I wouldn't ask for you to change in any way possible,"

Being moved until you face him like a rag doll, he easily lifted you up and walked to his room. Your legs were wrapped around his waist and crying face nuzzled into his chest. The soft comfort of his bed was met as he conjured Anna and held it to you, a book of sonnets in his other hand for his own entertainment.

"Now, dry those enchanting eyes, rest them and bring yourself back to a calm peace of mind," Loki cooed softly until your sniffles were muffled by the fabric of Anna and his green hoodie.

Soon enough the cool temperature in which his room was always at wasn't stopped by the thick duvet. He took off the green hoodie and took your shivering figure, slipping on the incredibly oversized clothing piece; the sight made him melt into a puddle of fluffy emotions he never really fully understood.

~~~

I hope that was fluffy enough??

- Anna ❤️