9

Chapter Nine
Raging and Rumbling

Only a few hours ago Luella had told Terra that she doubted she was going to come to the Senior Specialist Party, which she guessed was just an excuse to get drunk and dance since fairies were here too, including herself.

She now stood crammed in the middle of people dancing, some tipsy already, holding a cup of- she didn't even know, with Musa and Terra.

Luella brought the plastic cup to her nose, smelling the strong liquid, then crinkling her nose and hesitatingly taking a small sip. She tried not to make a disgusted face and quickly swallowed it, it tasted acidic. "People have awful taste in drinks," Luella commented, letting Musa take the cup from her hands and also bringing it up to her nose, creasing her face as Luella did and placing the cup onto the table stand in front of them.

"What about you Terra?" Musa asked motioning to the tub in her hand as Terra placed them on the table. Musa opened the lid which held brownie bites.

Luella grabbed a piece and went for a bite but as soon as the flavour hit her she quickly grabbed the abandoned cup from the table, spitting it out. Only then, she noticed the herbal smell that must have been covered by the obvious smell of alcohol.

"Terra, do these have-?" Lue half questioned, a suspicious grin growing on her face.

"Yeah," Terra chuckled proudly. "I can be a cool nerd." Luella guessed that she had probably gotten the weed to fill the brownies from another student or maybe even grown it.

"I'm sure they'll taste great to all those rebels out there," Luella joked. "Just not my thing."

A voice came emerging from the crowd, "look who showered their face." Luella recognised it to be the boy Musa had liked: Sam, Lue remembered. "With mum Tupperware, no less."

Terra gave him an unamused look, "what do you want, Sam?"

"I'm getting a drink, relax," He replied then turned to the two girls, Luella and Musa. "It's Musa and Luella, right?"

Luella knew that Musa was probably fluttering on the inside, the pink and purple coloured lights hiding her blush. "That's us, yeah," She said, shaking his hand.

"What reeks?" Sam asked, smelling the earthy scent from the tub.

"There for the party, not for me," Terra explained to her brother as another person appeared.

"I didn't think you'd make it," A boy with dark skin and short hair exclaimed, wearing a red jean jacket.

"No, uh.. well, I just decided to come last minute," Terra responded to him.
Luella raised her eyebrows, knowing that wasn't true because if it was true, Terra wouldn't have asked her at lunch to come.

"Yeah, so last minute," Sam stated sarcastically. "So last minute that she had a few hours to make weed brownies."

"Bye, Sam! I'll talk to you later," Terra said back in the same tone, as he replied with a bye, walking back into the crowd with his drink.

Luella chucked her cup away to the small bin under the table. She turned around to leave, giving the girls a wave. She had only managed to walk a few steps around the crowd of teenagers before she bumped into someone.

She looked up to see Sky who was wearing a white shirt and simple jeans.

"Hey Sky," Luella greeted.

"Luella," he greeted back. "Is that-"

Luella interrupted him, he probably noticed the smell that still lingered in her mouth. "Terra made brownies," she spoke. "Weed brownies."