Chapter 13

"Focus," Wu says as he pours some tea.

"Remind me again why we allowed them to do this to us?" Y/n asks as she supports herself with one hand while she entwines the other with Lloyd's.

"In order to bear the fate of Ninjago on your shoulders, you must first learn to bear the weight of all of us." Wu sips his tea again. "Focus."

"Sensei, I'm starting to think this was a bad idea," Jay comments.

"Yeah, Sensei, they're just kids," Cole agrees.

"In order for them to succeed, we must all trust one another."

Y/n hears a beeping as she and Lloyd strain their muscles to support all the ninjas weight. A wrecking ball then slams into the wall as everyone falls and lands on the ground.

"What was that?" Cole asks.

They stand up, Lloyd holding out his hand for Y/n as she accepts, and notice a work supervisor and builder wearing hardhats.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! This wasn't supposed to happen until tomorrow!" Dareth screams.

"Tomorrow?" The work supervisor asked the builder. "Let me see that order," He says before he looks at the order slip. "Oh, yeah. My bad. Sorry about that. We'll be back in the morning," He says before he and the builder leave.

Dareth groans, picking up one of his fake bent trophies.

"Uh, Dareth, what is this all about?" Cole asks.

"Yeah. This doesn happen overnight," Y/n says.

"Well, I fell behind on some of my payments and some developer named Darnagom Enterprises is buying the entire block to put in some stupid frisbee-golf course. They say if I don't come up with 50,000 by tomorrow, the dojo is gone."

"But," Jay whimpers. "We already lost the Bounty. We can’t lose the dojo now!"

"My trophies," Dareth says. "My fake trophies," He sobs.

"Wait a minute," Zane says. "Darnagom?" He asks. "When you rearrange the letters, it spells—"

"O Grandma?" Jay asks.

"Garmadon," Y/n giggles.

"Right," Jay laughs. "That would make more sense."

“My dad is behind this.”

"If he destroys the dojo, where will we train Lloyd and Y/n?"

"Any chance you got 50,000 in that teapot of yours?" Dareth asks Wu.

"Worry not, Dareth. You're not in this alone. We're all with you," Wu replies.

"Did someone say 50,000?" Nya asks as she entered the room.

Jay gasps. "You didn’t happen to win the lottery?"

"No, but I heard about Ninjaball Run!"

"Ninjaball Run?"

"It's the biggest road race in Ninjago, with a prize of 100,000 big ones. And it's tomorrow," Nya explains.

"I thank you, little lady fighter," Dareth says dramatically. "But you're talking about the most dangerous race known to man. Only the most serious of racers even stand a chance."

"But didn’t you just do a few upgrades on our Ultra Sonic Raider?" Kai asks. "Maybe we might stand a chance."

"And we can enter with our Dragon. You did say we needed the practice," Lloyd says.

"I think you meant to say that you need practice," Y/n giggles.

"So it is agreed. You will all enter this 'Ninjaball Run' to save the dojo," Wu completes.