chapter six

a pair of warm arms are wrapped tightly around you waist, and for a couple of seconds you enjoy it. until you remember the events of last night and just who those arms belong to.

supervisory special agent doctor spencer reid

you quickly push his arm off of you and get out of bed, "spencer" you call out his name and wait as he wakes up.

"hm?" he asks as he groggily rubs his eyes and sits up, finally taking in what's happening.

his in your apartment, in your bed, basically naked while you're wearing only his shirt.

"you need to leave. this can't happen again and you can't mention this to anyone" you tell him as you chuck his dress pants over to him.

he catches them and looks at you expectantly, "what?" you ask.

"i need my shirt" he tells you as he stands up and pulls on his pants.

you remember you are in fact wearing his shirt and you quickly dash to your closet and grab a hoodie before quickly changing his shirt over for a hoodie before handing him the shirt and watching as he leaves. after hearing the front door shut you stand frozen for a moment.

"what the fuck happened?" you ask yourself as you recall all the events from last night.

how did spencer reid go from hating your guts to following you and then fucking you all in one day?
one thing you know for sure is you can never tell anyone about this and this can never happen again.
you're not even sure why you went along with it, you hate him, right?

right.

_

you ended up spending the weekend cooped up in your apartment. in all honestly, you were a bit ashamed about what happened with spencer.

but today was a special day. it was your moms birthday and no matter what happened, you always went to visit her.

you put on a nice sun dress and made your way to the car, stopping on the way to by a bouquet of flowers before continuing on your drive.

you arrive at the cemetery within 15 minutes and you begin the 5 minute walk to her grave. when she was buried, your grandparents asked she be out near the flowers considering her passion for flowers and the garden she used to have.

you smiled a little as you saw her engraved name on the headstone, taking a seat in front of her grave, been mindful of the others who were here. you took out the old flowers - yellow roses - no doubt from your grandfather and replaced them with the assortment of pink and purple flowers you brought.

"hey mom" you began as you smoothed out your dress.

you breathe out through you mouth, giving a little humourless laugh, "this never gets easier. everyone told me it would but... i guess not, huh" you say.

"you'd be 51 today. you'd be old" you give a proper laugh, a real one.

"i... i like to think you'd be proud of me. for achieving my dreams, for helping others. there's things i've done that make myself proud. then there's the things i've done that make me disappointed... like sleep with my coworker" you put your head down and let some tears fall, thankful for your waterproof mascara.

"i like to believe you're watching over me and if you are then you already know but, i got an avo against da- casey. he can't seem to get the hint that i don't want to contact him anymore, god even his lawyer can't get the hint" you pick at the grass as a cool wind starts to flow through.

"s-sometimes i get mad at you for choosing dad, maybe if you'd picked someone else you'd still be here... and i'd be able to call you and tell you my problems" your voice cracks and you take some deep breaths.

"i-i think i might like someone-" you begin.

"y/n?" you turn around at the familiar voice and a smile crosses your face as you see your grandfather.

"hey grandad" you greet as you hug him and take in his scent that hasn't changed since you were a little kid.

"i had a feeling you'd be here. i didn't bring flowers because i know that's your thing" he tells you as he eyes the beautiful flowers you picked out.

"sorry i haven't gotten around to calling you- i've been busy with work and-"

"don't worry about it peanut. you're helping people, i'm proud" he tells you.

"how about we go get some lunch?" he suggests as he helps you pick up your bag.

"sure" you take your bag and quickly place your hand over the photo of your mom, "happy birthday mom" you whisper before following your grandfather out.

you drive behind him on the roads to a local cafe as you hum some arctic monkeys - your favourite band of all time.

"have you no idea that you're in deep?" you sing along, "i've dreamt about you nearly every night this week, how many secrets can you keep... cause there's this tune i found that makes me think of you some how and i play it on repeat" you continue on before turning off the radio and getting out of the car.

you and your grandpa walk into the small secluded cafe and place your orders before taking seats at the far corner.

"so how's life been?" your grandpa asks as you stir around the ice in your iced coffee.

"it's... good?" you answer.

"what's wrong?" he asks. he always knows.

"i had to get an avo on casey. him and his lawyer keep contacting me" you tell him honestly.

after your father went to prison he started sending notes to your grandparents, so he knows how it feels.

"you did the right thing. i got a phone call letting me know that his trials soon and there's a pretty good chance he might make bail, apparently there's a new witness who's come forward?" he informs you.

"what?! who would come forward after all these years" you ask him as you process the information.

"your guess is as good as mine" he tells you as the food gets delivered to your table.

now you have two things to worry about, sleeping with spencer and finding out who this new witness is.
_____________________________________

i just wanted to clarify that most chapters will be between 1000 - 1500 words!