1: curiousity...

Hm... it's a rather slow day today.

You murmur softly, nibbling lightly on a strand of seaweed, laying back on the soft sand, idly staring at the sun's rays flittering through the ocean's surface while occasionally taking a few nibbles at the seaweed and kelp that would drift by.

Not a lot of things happened today. Aside from playing with a dolphins and chasing after a few fish, you still felt dissatisfied with today. The sun was still high and you still felt woefully restless.

You huffed, your gills flaring with your breath as you finally sat up, clinging your (color) wings to your back, as you launched off the sandy ground, flattening your arms to your side as you swam stealthily through the water with the speed of a sailfish, in search of any means of activities.

Ugh... I bet humans don't have issues with finding something to do. You thought with a note of envy. Living their lives without a care in the world...

At least... you thought it was careless.

Whenever you saw them, they were always sprawled out on the beach either basking in the sun's warm, in their boats fishing (something you were notably weary of), playing games with colorful spheres or swimming in the shallow end of the ocean. They overall were mostly laughing and generally enjoying themselves.

...Actually... that reminds me..

Shooting a brief glance up at the ocean's sun streaked surface, you swam up and carefully bobbed your head out from beneath it, steadily swimming over to the nearby beach you often visit. Just recently, whilst doing your usual activity of human observation, not only did you find humans there, but you also saw a few, large colorful humanoids, some with large weapons and others with amazing abilities, such as body manipulation.

You were too far away to hear or fully see what was happening, but it looked like the smaller humans were quite apprehensive at the appearance of the colorful beings. However, before anything could really happen, you decided to head back into the water, not wanting to risk disturbing the situation.

Unfortunately, very soon after you witnessed the encounter, the normal humans suddenly stopped showing up as much as they used to. There was an occasional human, either walking along the shore lines, sitting on the shore to themselves or occupanied with the occasional purple or pink humanoid. The odd colored humanoids themselves didn't do much aside from appearing to stare out into the ocean with their human companion or walk along the shore by themselves as well.

Other than that... the beach just wasn't fun to watch anymore.

You couldn't help but wonder what happened to the humans.

After pulling yourself onto a boulder nearest to the beach, you leaned forward, scanning the beach in hopes of finding any activity, or at the very least a clue.

To your delight, there was indeed a human present on the beach. But he was accompanied by one of the odd humanoids. But... instead of the usual pink or purple, it was a much larger, orange one. And you couldn't see her expression from that distance, but from the way she stood with her arms crossed, she looked to be vexed.

Well... at least I know the regular humans are still alive... but what are up with the colorful ones? You inched closer, squinting your eyes to try and get a better look at the duo, only for your curiosity to increase when you saw how troubled they appeared. Namely the human, as he paced up and down the shore, close enough to where the rolling waters lapped at his feet.

The human was a stout middle-aged man in a white tank top and shorts, who looked redder than most humans, presumably tanned or sunburned, as you saw he had paler marks of skin on his legs and arms. his brown hair, while receeded from the top of his head, the back was long and stretched down his back and swayed subtly in the wind with each stride he took. completing his beach outfit were the green sandals that splashed up a bit of water and sand with each footfall. He overall looked like he'd be a friendly individual to be around.

The orange humanoid beside him had scarlet stripes decorating her visible skin, and a long, wild mane of white hair that stretched to the ground. She had the build and height of an Amazonian warrior, as she loomed over the man easily, and she looked as if she could snap a tree in half with a simple press of her hand. She wore an odd looking outfit, looking similar to that of a jumpsuit. And even with her arms crossed, you spotted a pink diamond symbol on her chest.

But both individuals looked incredibly troubled at the moment, with the man appearing incredibly frazzled with slightly visible bags beneath his eyes and his scruffy beard appeared to be disheveled. He had a small dark grey device pressed to the side of his head, probably what was called a phone voice as his orange companion watched with what looked like contempt and impatience.

Straining your ears over the crashing of the waves, you managed to barely pick up the frazzled man's voice as he spoke worriedly to someone in the device.

"W-we looked everywhere! I even asked yellowtail on the best locations to search for them... no luck!"

No luck? He stopped his walking and looked like he was wincing, leaning away from the phone slightly as the person on the other line was apparently speaking at an unpleasant tone. "...I-I know... Gah, I know that!" the man spoke again, biting his lip uncomfortably. "B-but I'm telling ya, I don't think there's any of around beach city!"

You squinted in confusion, laying flat against the boulder as you watched the man's tense phone conversation, resting your chin on your arms, with a slight sad pout on your face.

First time I've seen a human in moons, only to find one in turmoil?

You've grown so used to seeing humans relaxed and happy that seeing one look even the slightest bit tense upset you. You never liked when others were upset, let alone see normally jolly, carefree human look so concerned. You hummed softly.

Were those new humanoids behind this?

You were so caught up in your thoughts, that you failed to notice the orange Amazonian staring in your direction, eyes squinted as she was trying to piece together what she was seeing.

"HEY!!"

You snapped your head up at the harsh voice bellowing over the ocean waves, only to find the orange woman running at you with the speed no normal human could achieve, even dashing through the water with the speed of a sailfish. The human spun around in alarm at the sudden action, fumbling towards her in a fruitless attempt to stop her. "J-Jasper! Wait-!"

You yelped, hastily unfurling your wings to flee, but before you could even flap them, you were met with a fist connecting with your head, sending you flying backwards into with a painful splash into the water.

As you slipped into unconsciousness, you barely saw the pair of golden eyes staring contemptuously down at you as your vision faded to black.