No AllFather, I Am Your Father

"Have you considered adding a touch of blue to the surrounding?" I asked him

   Odin had an unreadable expression on his face. We stared hard and long at each other's eyes/eye. Odin was the first to break. 

   "What do you want?" He asked "Not many can just stroll in here and take on the army that was meant to fight at Ragnarok."

   "I'll take that as a compliment. Though I'm not here just for a stroll. I'm afraid I'm here on business" I said and Odin sat on one of the chairs. He stroked his beard in a mystical manner. He scrunched his eyebrows and motioned me to continue.

   "There's someone I'm here for. I believe one of your einherji is not of this pantheon. He is more commonly referred to as the Wandering Jew" I said and Odin looked sceptically at me.

   "You may not believe me but it is true. I did not feel his presence among the once-alive army. Tell me Odin, are there any einherji that are out on patrol or a quest?" I asked in a authoritative and formal manner. I didn't want to sound weak. 

   Apparently, Vikings are like wolves...show weakness and you're dead.

   "One group" he said after a moment of silence "They are out on a quest. To keep a few giants, that got agressive, in check" 

   "Well point me to their location" I said cheerfully while leaning back into my chair. This was seemingly going easier than I expected. I knew that my good luck wouldn't last for long and so I intend to use it as much as possible.

   Odin held out his hand and his palm started glowing. The light got brighter and dispersed after a few seconds. In his palm now lay a small hexagonal wooden box. I took it from him and carefully observed it. It was made from smooth rosewood. It had two runes on it, both of which I somehow recognised.

   One was similar to an 'F'. This was the rune 'Ansuz', the rune of Odin and magic.

 This was the rune 'Ansuz', the rune of Odin and magic

   The next one looked a lot like an 'R'. It's name came to me on its own. This was 'Raido' the rune of travel and journey.

 This was 'Raido' the rune of travel and journey

   I opened the box and inside was a compass. The needle had one red end but there were no markings or directions on the background. It kept moving a bit and pointed towards my left, which was in no way north. I looked at Odin for an explanation.

   "The compass will point you towards where you wish to go" he said in a firm voice "But it can be used only once. After you reach the destination that you desire, the compass will...end its function" 

   The way Odin said 'end its function' made me hesitate a little. Not seeing a better option, I shrugged and closed the compass, placing it in my pant pocket. I got up but suddenly sat down again from the exhaustion. 

   I muttered a few curses at myself and tried to stand again, this time succeeding. I willed the sword of Eden to disappear and I felt a slight energy boost as the mythical weapon fused with me.

   "You can stay for a while if you wish" I heard Odin say "You can use the honour guest room. Tomorrow there will be a presentation about 'ethical internet usage' at 11am." I was about to decline but another wave of tiredness passed over me. I stumbled and almost fell, only if I hadn't maintained my balance at the last second.

   "I don't often go sleeping in the houses of the people I killed" I said in a slightly annoyed tone "But maybe this time I'll make an exception"

   Odin nodded and disappeared in a flash of light. Wasn't he supposed to take me to the room or something? How, in the name of everything holy, is he wise?

   The man is as dumb as a goat with a laptop.

   I sighed and looked around. I almost forgot that there were others in the hall that weren't killed. I turned towards Magnus and his friends. 

   Instead, I was greeted by a close encounter with death.

   I ducked down as something sharp and long made a 'whooshing' sound above me. I looked ahead and saw Alex Fierro, the one and only, holding a...skipping rope?

   I remember Alex calling it something...Garettte? Gorgeta? Carrot? 

   "Hey! What was that for?!" I yelled while putting my hands up in annoyance.

   "Magnus and I made a small bet!" Said my green haired friend. I grumbled a bit but decided o humour him, or her, nevertheless "What was the bet?" I asked.

   "If you would ask 'What was the bet'. Turns out I won!" She said while laughing.

   Magnus rolled his eyes and handed Alex a small bag of what looked like red gold. My eyes twitched as I stared at them. I was about to say something but my stomach growled. The sound was pretty loud and both Alex and Magnus turned towards me. No one moved for a second before Magnus started laughing. Alex followed and soon they were laughing their insides out.

   I sighed and looked at one of the tables in the hall. The food was still untouched in some tables and the glasses were full of something that looked awfully close to nectar. 'What the hell' I thought and sat in one of the tables. I dug into the food and gulped down the drinks. 

   The drink tasted like a hot cup of coffee, invigorating me with strength. But I felt something odd about it. I looked at one part of the table where some of the golden liquid was spilled. I reached out my hand and touched the stain with the tip of my finger.

   'Ew! Unhygienic! Gross! Manners Percy' yeah well...I'm Percy, I'm disgusting. <Anyone know the reference?>

    The liquid stain started glowing brightly and within a second, the light was absorbed into my body. It was like the time when I fed Lucifer ambrosia and nectar. 

   "Okay weird" I head Alex say. Magnus chuckled at that. They were really starting to get on,y nerves. Don't misunderstand me, I'm rooting for them as a couple... but sometimes they get a bit 'childish'

   I snapped my fingers and within the next second, Magnus was a goat while Alex was a kangaroo.

   "Hey!" I heard Magnus say. Apparently, he is a TALKING goat. Magnus too seemed to realise that because he exclaimed in surprise again. "Hey!!!" He said much louder. 

   "Perseus!" I heard Alex scream. Normally, I would have been terrified of an angry Alex...but she was a kangaroo. I doubt there was much she could do to harm me in her present condition, no offence to kangaroos of course.

   With another snap of my fingers, Magnus and Alex disappeared in a puff of green smoke. I refocused on my meal and heartily drank a lot of mead. Mead! That's what it was!.

   I smiled in simple content as a thought struck me. Magnus and Alex...

         "Okay...Where did I put them?"