Chapter Seven- I am trying to be better.

~Blaze Kane's point of view~

~Two weeks later~

It's been two weeks since Kelsea and Echo moved in. The paperwork at the front office was a pain in the ass. The stupid woman that works there couldn't understand how Echo's name changed and thought she had to do another credit and criminal check. Echo lost her shit and told her just to do it. That was the most I have heard Echo open her mouth since she's been in our home.

The girl gets up, goes to work, comes home, cooks dinner for us all, and goes to bed. She doesn't speak during the meal, and she doesn't look anyone in the eyes. On the weekends, she doesn't come out of her room other than for food or to use the restroom. I feel bad she isn't herself anymore. This situation has ruined who Echo was.

I know Kelsea regrets it now. She came to me crying because she has lost her best friend. She said that what Echo had her do led her to the love of her life, and she led Echo to depression. I think there is more going on, though. I may treat Echo like shit, but I have always paid attention to her so that I could use things against her.

She isn't herself at all. If I am picking it up, it's bad. She hasn't been right since the whole Chad thing. Kelsea didn't tell me what she just said it was enough to crush anyone's soul, and it has. I can honestly say for the first time in my life; I am worried about her. I love giving her a hard time, but I can't do it when she is down. She commented that I just kick her even harder when she down, and I am guilty of that. I can't in this situation.

Spencer: "Blaze Kane?"

Blaze Kane: "Hmm?"

Spencer: "We have a meeting in five minutes. Are you ready?"

Blaze Kane: "Yeah. I have everything ready to go."

Spencer: "Where did you go? You look like you had something on your mind."

Blaze Kane: "I was thinking about Echo."

Spencer: "Really?"

Blaze Kane: "Yeah. I know I have treated her terribly. Something is off with her, though, and it's bugging the ever-living shit out of me."

Spencer: "Are you saying that you are disappointed that she is off and you're upset because you didn't cause it?"

Blaze Kane: "Not at all."

Spencer: "Are you telling me you care about your wife?"

Blaze Kane: "I am telling you that I am worried about my wife. Something isn't right."

Spencer: "I agree. Let's get this meeting over, then we can discuss it more."

Blaze Kane: "Can you present? My head isn't where is it needs to be."

Spencer: "Of course."

It's odd today. This meeting is with Zippots. Spencer and I work for a marketing company. When we transferred here, I was promoted to senior marketing manager. Spencer was next in line for the junior marketing manager. When the one before me retired, his understudy did too. It was needed their ideas were getting old. Spencer and I have done wonders since we have been here.

He and I choose which projects we work on. We both knew the moment this project came across our desks; we were going to work this hands-on. Rick is now family, like it or not. He is going to marry Jade, and he is the father of my niece or nephew. That isn't the only reason. Zippots is the biggest firm we have handled since we have been here. We wanted it done right.