🌞Chapter 52🌻

🌞🌻

As soon as they entered the room, they released each other's hands.

Light snacks had been prepared for them, including champagne, fruit, and sandwiches.

Gulf quickly realized how hungry he was, having been too nervous to eat during the party.

"I'm kind of hungry. Do you mind if I eat?" He pointed at the food.

"Go ahead," Mew said. "They made it for us to eat, after all. It would make them happy if you ate it."

"Thank you for the food," Gulf said before beginning to eat in silence.

Mew chuckled at the sight of him.

"What?" Gulf asked suspiciously.

"You really are happiest when you're eating," was the reply.

Gulf looked annoyed, but didn't stop eating.

"Oh, yes," Mew continued. "Tomorroe we'll go to Heathrow airport, and split up there. I'll write your check out now." He took a checkbook from a drawer in his desk. Apparently, he'd moved all the essential things to this room earlier. "You did a magnificent job." He wrote out the amount on the check and handed it to Gulf. "Since we wrapped it up earlier than expected, I added an extra 2,000-pounds. If it's not enough, say so now."

Gulf looked at the check.

"What will you do after we get to the airport?" he asked.

"I'm thinking of going to Thailand" Mew said. "I'd like to see the country where you grew up."

"Good idea."

A tear fell suddenly from Gulf's eyes.

"Gulf..." Mew came to Gulf's side and cupped his face in his hands. "You've experienced some horrible things because of me. How can I apologize?"

Gulf shook his head, then calmly tore the check up.

"What are you doing?" Mew shouted, eyes wide.

"I don't need all this money. I can't accept this much anyway. I was definitely in this for the money at first, but it wasn't just that." Gulf looked Mew straight in the eye. "I did it because I love you. I wanted to help you."

"Gulf, stop," Mew pleaded. "I won't be able to control myself."

"I don't care." And Gulf gently pressed his tear-stained lips to Mew. At last, he'd mastered his heart. He had been attracted to Mew since their first meeting. He had tried not to acknowledge his feelibns, but they wouldn't be denied.

"Gulf..." Mew returned the kiss. It was deep, intense.

"My make up is running," Gulf said to cover his embarrassment, pulling away from Mew. "I"m going to take a shower..."

Mew smiled affectionately as he released Gulf.

TBC