Chapter 29: Karma's Going To Collect Your Debt

---Alya's POV---

"LILA DID YOU JUST GIVE THE BAG TO SABRINA?!!"

"My name is Karma. It's rude to forget people's names Max."

"It was an accident." Lila shrugged. 

That little... I didn't even get to that part of the video before she turned all evil on us! 

"Sabrina..."

"Karma."

"Okay okay. Karma, please listen. What's this about?" Ladybug reasoned, getting closer to Karma, still in a defensive position.

"Isn't it obvious?" Lila interjected, walking closer to Karma, "She's gonna punish everyone! All the people who bullied poor Marinette who did nothing wrong."

"For once, what came out of your disgusting mouth was close to the truth!" Karma praised the girl. I think.

"There's just one thing you're forgetting there little miss liar."

Lila went pale. If I was being honest, I enjoyed it. Seeing her squirm under the thing she helped to create. 

"YOU are the worst of the class. Shall we count your misdeeds in front of everyone?"

"Sorry Karma, as much as I dislike Lila, I can't let you just anyone." 

Ladybug swung her yoyo at Karma, who stepped to the side. Karma then grabbed the yoyo string and pulled Ladybug closer to her. She tried to stab Ladybug with one of the sharp daggers she grabbed from her bag, but Ladybug ducked and jumped to the side.

"EVERYBODY OUT!" She screamed.

I rushed toward the door and unlocked it.

"THIS WAY!" I beckoned for the class to run out. I made eye contact with Lila as she ran past me, terrified. Apparently desperate to escape the situation that she had brought to herself.

---Lila's POV---

Hawkmoth! He should have stopped her from attacking me! Needing to be saved by Ladybug was horrible!

What was he even thinking? Sabrina? She's just Chloe's little servant. Of course, she proved useful to me once I had won her over, but what's the point in akumatizing the most forgettable person in school? Out of all the people in the room?

It's not like she was the only one upset! She wasn't even the only person throwing things that the akuma could have infected! Why her?

I ran ahead of the class, bumping into people, desperately trying to get out of there. Not even stopping to slow down on the stairs, I leaped down two at a time to get out as fast as possible.

"AHH!"

I had rammed into Alya, who was trying to lead the class out the door.

"YA SNOOZE Y ALOSE ALS!" and I was out the door,

---Nino's POV---

No matter what I thought of Alya in that moment, no matter how mad I was that she had left me out of her plan, No matter how hurt Marinette was the last time I saw her, I couldn't leave Alya laying on the floor of the stairs with an akuma on the loose. 

Flipping the akuma switch to trigger an akuma alert, I rushed down carefully to Alya's side.

"Where are you hurt?!" 

"My ankle. I think I twisted it." Alya whimpered, trying to stand so she could get out of there, leaning heavily on the railing next to her.

"Nope. You're too hurt to walk."

I was panicking. Without Wayzz, I wasn't much of a hero. I was a clueless boy who had just lost the people who I looked up to to lead. As soon as we left the room, Adrien ran someplace different from the rest of the class, Marinette wasn't here, Alya was hurt, and Ladybug was busy upstairs with Karma. 

"Okay.. Um..." I looked around the room. Everyone had been following Alya out of the building, trusting her to be able to lead the class to safety. Even Ms. Bustier had disappeared, running out of the room the second that the akuma overtook Sabrina. 

"Ivan, Kim. Can you two carry Alya?"

"Yeah."

"Got it."

Holly cow they were listening to me. ME. 

"Uh. Alya, which way?"

"I'd be happy to guide you babe, but I'm a bit busy trying not to scream and let Karma know where we are."

Great. So now I had become the leader. Fantastic.

"Okay dudette, I get it. Just give me a minute!"

Yeah, I was panicking. I was never that great at leading. As Nino, the most I did was stand up to Adrian's pops. Maybe got thrown around by a giant spider monster once.  As Carapace, I pretty much just did as Ladybug told me. I really didn't do that much.

"Uh, I guess follow me?"

I helped Ivan and Kim lift Alya so that she was as comfortable as possible, then got a good look at where we were. 

The front door was the obvious solution, but that was where Lila went. No way that Karma would choose to follow us if it was us or her. The roof was another, but getting down without Cat Noir or Ladybug would be next to impossible. 

"Hurry up and tell us where we're going headphones, or I'll...

"The back door." I got up and grabbed Chloe's arm.

"Uh. This is ridiculous. Utterly RIDICULOUUUUUUUUS"

"SHUSH!" I pulled Chloe along, much the way she did Sabrina before.

 Alix was skating right behind me, slow enough where she was still following me but fast enough she could bolt if she needed to. Behind her was Julika pulling Rose along and Ivan, carrying Alya bridal style. Shortly behind Ivan, were Kim prepared to take over the duty of carrying the injured creole girl if necessary, and Mylene, trying to keep up with her boyfriends pace.  Nathaniel and Max were in the back, as they were the slowest of the class.

"This way!" I called, sprinting around corners to get to the back entrance. The ceiling crumbling around us as the battle grudged on above.

A huge piece of the ceiling gave way around us, separating the group in two. Me, Chloe,  Alix, Alya, and Ivan one one side closer to the door, and Julika, Rose, Kim, Nate, Mylene, and Max trapped behind the piece of roof that had nearly squashed us all.

At least I would have an interesting story to tell Marinette later.