▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦

⌜                                    ⌝

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

⌞                                    ⌟

          ARTEMIS first reaction upon seeing Cody, was to leap out and grab him away from there

          ARTEMIS first reaction upon seeing Cody, was to leap out and grab him away from there. However, that didn't happen as Din wrapped his arms around her, preventing her from going.

"It's a suicided mission, Fury," he quietly told her.

"I don't care," Artemis said, trying to get out of his grip. "They have Cody. Cody!"

Cody's head snapped up upon hearing his name. His eyes narrowed as he tried to look into the cantina.

"Commander?" he asked hesitantly, as if not sure he had heard her right.

Din held her even tighter and Artemis could feel his fear of her going out. She relaxed slightly.

"I know who he is," Din said suddenly, his arms still wrapped around her waist as if not trusting her to not go and storm outside. "It's Moff Gideon."

Artemis tensed. She had heard that name before.

"No," Cara said, turning from her work with the vent. "Moff Gideon was executed for war crimes."

"It's him," Din said. "He knew my name."

"So?" Greef said. "What does that prove?"

"I haven't heard that name spoken since I was a child," Din told him. "Except for Artie."

"On Mandalore?" Greef asked.

"I was not born on Mandalore," Din said.

"But you're a Mandalorian," Greef said.

"Mandalorian isn't a race," Cara told him.

"It's a Creed," Din finished. "I was a Foundling. They raised me in the Fighting Corps. I was treated as one of their own. When I came of age, I was sworn to the Creed. The only record of my family name was on the registers of Mandalore. Moff Gideon was an ISB Officer during the purge. That's how I know it's him."

"That's how he knows who we all are," Cara said.

"He says he needs us, which means the child got away safely," Din said.

"I can stall him," Artemis said, looking up at Din.

"No," he immediately said.

"It'll give you enough time to get through that vent," Artemis said, nodding at where Cara was still working with the lightsaber. She then placed her hands on his arms. "I can do this, Din."