Chapter 26 ~ Justin

The ball hits the ground and the crowds erupt

The ball hits the ground and the crowds erupt. I jump up off the bleachers, throwing my pompoms in the air and hugging Vixxie next to me. We jump about squealing at the Lions win.

It's been neck in neck all night between us and the other team, we were constantly on the edges of our seats, hearts in our mouths. The outcome being the best team obviously won and everyone's happy about it. The field is ablaze with excitement, the players hugging and politely consoling the losing team with a handshake and nod.

Carrie joins us having abandoned the rest of the cheerleaders and we all jump about giggling and squealing. We hear a camera click and see Emily laughing at our expense, her official photographer lanyard swinging from her neck whilst she captures the win, later to be stored in yearbooks and lockers. We pull her into our celebrations, our circle of four teetering with joy and relife before we scurry off to find the boys.

We wait outside the athletics block by Vixxies car waiting for the boys to finish getting showered and changed. They always stink after games, uniform covered in grass stains and the black paint they apply to their faces before games smudged onto their jaws.

The door flys open and a flash of blonde hair dashes towards me, suddenly I'm swept up and thrown into the air, my feet floating through the atmosphere.

"WE ARE VICTORIOUS," Brady shouts throwing me about like a rag doll, I giggle feeling slightly sick.

"Put her down bro Jesus, you'll break one of her limbs." Ethan says looking disturbed, he gently places me back on the floor and I wobble about feeling dizzy... really dizzy. Until an arm secures itself around my waist keeping me from falling over. I look up and find Blaze smirking down at me, his black hair still wet, dripping onto his forehead on top of the tiny scar he's got above his eyebrow. His eyes are a darker shade of blue and twinkle under the low parking lot lights. His skin looks slightly damp but fully flushed still from the game installing a rejuvenated vibe about him. Football does that too him, you can see it when he plays and for hours after.

"We don't want you to fall on your ass again do we?" He mumbles lowly, I let out an embarrassed giggle.

"You're never going to let me forget that are you?" I sigh pushing my head against his arm to hide my hot cheeks.

"Nope." He says, I feel the vibrations of his low voice travel down his arm, through the black ink that sits on top of his muscles and into my spine, tingling the whole way down.

"Well done. You did amazing out there." I smile back up at him with pink cheeks.

"Oh, I know Blondie." He winks and I slap him on the arm, "I'm joking, thank you. I guess it helps having my own personal cheerleader." He smirks.

"Who said I was cheering for you?" I blush, I totally was but-

"It's all over your face!" His finger lands on the end of my nose making me giggle. It's true, every time Blaze had the ball I'd scream that bit louder so he could hear me, when he got into a scuffle or some guy took him down I'd be on my feet with my heart racing like a speeding car praying he hadn't been injured.