Chapter 15

We sat in the car and I drove off, this might be a little shocking, but I love speed, I love driving really fast with the windows rolled down, the wind hitting my face.

I really wanted to play music and drive as fast as I can.

I opened my phone, connected it to the speakers in my car, and played '20 min' by Lil Uzi Vert, the slowed version, it's one of my favorite songs.

I turned around to my friends that aren't exactly my friends.

"Hope you guys aren't too hungry cause we're going to drive around town for a bit" I said, smiling.

I sped up and and started driving around, taking random turns, singing lyrics, smiling, well more like smirking but eh... irrelevant.

I was happy, and after the song ended, I was already parked in front of a diner, when I turned around, Corey was hanging to his dear life, squeezing Bethany's arm, whose hair was all over the place, her hands grabbing Brandon's shirt while his hands were on the door, his knuckles white because he was gripping on it too tightly.

I was confused, their eyes were wide and showed pure terror, I turned to see Ethan grabbing the sides
of the chair.

"How about you warn us next time you're gonna drive like you're on fucking fast and furious??!" Ethan yelled, practically shaking while everyone nodded furiously.

"How fast was I going?" I asked since I didn't check the speed because I was too immersed in the feeling.

"Let's just say you didn't go under 80 Kilometers per hour!!" Bethany yelled.

"Sorry Bethany" I quietly replied, feeling bad for scaring them.

"Please call me Beth" she whispered, closing her eyes in an attempt to calm down.

To be honest I never noticed how fast I would go because I usually drive alone, in the empty streets.

Thank god there weren't any cops or people roaming around.

It took everyone a hot minute to calm down before walking out and ordering lunch.

They all ordered some beef hamburgers with fries, chicken nuggets and soda. I just looked at them since I had already had lunch, they started talking about random things, plans they had together, and I felt a little out of place.

I excused myself and went to the bathroom, I washed my face and looked in the mirror.

'Come on Jane get a hold of yourself!' I thought, well, more like internally yelled at my reflection.

I went back to the table a smile on my face, they were all talking quietly, staring at Ethan's phone.

"What are you guys looking at?" I said sitting down.

Based on their startled expressions, I assume they didn't even realize that I came back.

"Nothing" Bethany said, back to eating the rest of her food. Brandon and Corey both looked at each other and smirked.

"Ethan was showing us his new girlfriend" they said in union.

I felt the air get sucked from my lungs.

"What?" I breathed out quietly, confusion obvious on my features.

I looked at Ethan and he was blushing.

Ethan was blushing.

Who is this guy?

And why am I getting so worked up over this? He could have thousands of girlfriends for all I care.

But why does it still hurt?

Could it be possible that I like him?

There's no way, I only met the dude like four days ago and he has been nothing but a jerk !

He said good girls fell for bad guys, he kissed my forehead, he said he still had a chance when I told him I was straight, he called me Jay-bear, he held me up when I almost fainted, he walked with me to class, he called me princess.

Why did he do all of that? Why did he say all of those things?

I was lost in my own thoughts when we walked to the car, and I just sat there, my head on the steering wheel. Why does this guy make me feel all these stupid things?

"Are you okay?" Corey asked, concern showing in his eyes.

It made me smile, he didn't ask me to start the car or if we were going to move yet, he asked how if I was okay. It's little things like this that make me really happy.

"Yeah, I just have a really terrible headache, that's it" I replied, some of the tension leaving my body.

"Do you know why? Do you need medicine? Or perhaps to go home?" he said in one breath.

Corey is really talkative and he asks a lot if questions, I think he's really sweet.

"It's okay, when I try to remember my old memories my head hurts a lot. And sometimes I don't even try, if something, or a feeling, or a person, reminds me of the past, I get headaches"

For some reason, this pain felt familiar, the pain of betrayal, I was betrayed before, but by who? And why does this silhouette keep appearing in front of me? Why does its presence feel oddly familiar? Why does it feel like someone I know?
----------------------------------------------------------
Well surprise update I guess? School got canceled this evening because the teachers went to get vaccinated for the second time against the virus.
Well, I have an exam tomorrow so I better go study but! Don't hate me or Ethan yet! It'll all be explained in the next chapter.
No, Corey isn't gonna suffer from second lead syndrome, don't worry, there will be absolutely no love triangles in this story cause I hate those!
But I can tell you, this friend group will go through a lot, and I mean A LOT, before becoming one solid block of friendship lol.
Anyways, lemme stop blabbering, I'm sure you're bored by now lol, see you in the next update/chapter!

-Alexandra Banger