Part 1

A/N: Hi! This is my first Kotlc fanfic and I hope you like it! Just note that this will have spoilers up to legacy but not unlocked. Enjoy! {All characters, places, etc. belong to Shannon Messenger!! I don't own any of them!!}

{Unedited}

Sophie could barely breathe through the fabric gagging her. She couldn't speak, couldn't scream or do anything at all. She kept her eyes open because each time she closed them- she'd see Lady Gisela placing that horrible ability restricter on her head.

The deja vu Sophie had felt had almost made her pass out- and she actually did after the stronger, more complicated circlet crafted by the Neverseen sent more than a sour wave through her. 

Unlike Dex's model, she experienced headaches that flared behind her eyes every time she put the slightest amount effort to use her abilities.

The rest of the day Sophie was captured by the Neverseen was murky. She had no idea where she was or how she got there. Everything hurt and she was confined to a small, dirty cell that reeked of mold. 

Shackles chaffed at her bare wrists and ankles while her ruined tunic and pants did little to keep her warm. 

Sophie could see some of her breath come out above the fabric- the steam hitting her eyes. She willed them to remain open. She didn't want to see the woman who imprisoned her mocking her over and over and over again.

It had been a while since someone in a Neverseen cloak brought some shitty stuff they called food. She perked up at the sound of footsteps coming from down the hall. Her stomach grumbled.

Was it more food?

Was it her friends coming to save her?

It was neither. 

Instead of what Sophie hoped for, it was Vespera who came into view outside the cell. She was in a Neverseen cloak and Sophie could see a wicked smile on her blood-red lips.

"Oh good," She said and Sophie's stomach turned at her voice. "You're awake."

This was the woman who had been imprisoned for thousands of years after experimenting and murdering defenseless, innocent humans. This was the woman who had abducted and tortured her parents only some time before. 

Sophie realized that she was now at the mercy of emotionless, ancient monster who was familiar with hearing people screaming in pain, begging for relief. She resisted the urge to vomit. 

"Let's begin," Vespera said as two guards extended Sophie's cell to get a hold of chains. Vespera's dark chuckles echoed through the empty stone hallls as Sophie was dragged after her, preparing for the worst. 

A/N: A little short but hopefully they'll get longer and better. This is just the prologue but hopefully I'll make progress. Just a quick warning: you will read about some intense violence somewhere in the chapters ahead. This story is not rated mature and it's not super, super graphic. But if that makes you uncomfortable there's no shame in not reading. Have a nice day! ~N