seventeen

The next hour consisted of you babbling on to your Auntie about your thrilling journey in the past two months. She sat quietly and listened respectfully, her arms folded with her Heterochromia eyes fixated onto you. You even showcased the valuable engagement ring sitting on you finger so prettily.

Moira rose from her seat at the dining room chair and sighed. "You've had quite the adventure it seems," you ran a hand through your messy short hair and nodded slowly, "you can stay here for as long as you need. I understand why you cannot turn yourself in because of your.. questionable 'Fiancée'."

She sauntered over to her coat hanging next to the door and slid it on. "This is very risky to keep you here. Do not leave this house under any circumstance."

She cleared her throat and stepped back over to you whilst placing a hand onto your frail shoulder. "I have work now. I'll be back in six hours. Help yourself to anything in the kitchen and stay away from the windows.. do not answer the door for anyone."

You nodded slowly and a small smile appeared on your chapped lips. "It's like being a kid again."

Moira turned the brass handle and pulled the front door open cautiously. "Minus the.. hiding from your crazy significant other," she chuckled lowly and stepped out of the house, "I'll see you later." She closed the door and locked it behind her, leaving you alone in her home.

A nervous sigh shakily left your lips and you sat quietly at the dining table for a little while longer. Your mind was racing a million paces per minute and you couldn't stop yourself from imagining the worst.

A loud rumbling stomach noise ripped you from your dark thoughts and you winced. You were so hungry it was beginning to hurt.

You stood from the wooden chair and removed your coat, laying it over the chair. "I'll get food and take a nap."

Sauntering into the kitchen, you opened the fridge door and pondered upon the selection of food lay out on the shelves. "I hope I don't eat anything that she's looking forward to." You laughed to yourself in an attempt to ease your own nerves.

You pulled out a small plate of leftover meat and decide that it'll be good on a sandwich with your preferred sauce. It was better than nothing.

After preparing your sandwich, you sat down at the dining table and began to eat in silence.

Your nerves would cause you to twitch every once in awhile. You were terrified of an unexpected loud noise and the entry of Revy. Surely she didn't know your location, right? At this point you wanted to move country.

You finished your food and sat, staring at the leftover crumbs lingered onto the plate in front of you. Strings of tears began to pour down your face. The amount of overwhelming stress you had been through in the last twenty-four hours was enough to push you over your tipping point. You knew that it was only a matter of time until Revy would find you and it had only been one day.

You stared down at the glistening engagement ring and your bottom lip continued to tremble uncontrollably. A huge part of you regretted running off like this, but another part was glad. Being married to Revy would mean being committed to her for life. There would be no divorce because Revy would downright kill for that to not happen.

Your life was already upside down, but there was a chance to access your bank account to be able to make your great escape. Your eyes were shut tightly and you began brewing idea after idea. Thanks to your excessive overthinking, each scenario came out negative. As always.

A small buff escaped your lips and you shook your negative thoughts away. You respectfully cleaned your plate and put items away that you used to prep the food. You poured yourself a glass of water and gently sipped on the cold liquid, enduring the pleasant refreshing feeling.

You glugged down the remaining water and cleaned your glass, drying it and placing it back into the neat cupboard. You sluggishly trudged up the stairs and politely looked around for the guest bedroom. Once you found it, you wasted no time stripping off your clothing and folding them neatly onto a naked chair. You stood in the middle of the room with just your underwear on. There was a body length mirror straight ahead of you and you couldn't help but stare at yourself.

Just above your right breast was a dark red love bite Revy had left on you. She marked you, you belonged to her.

You trailed your sore fingers across the red mark and felt disgusted. You had let her do this to you and you were too weak to man up and say no to her.

Lowering your head, you turned and climbed into the double bed with ease. You shakily pulled the covers over your aching body and closed your eyes to be met with pictures of Revy in your mind.

You winced and turned over, attempting to fall asleep for just a little while.