one

Yunhee awoke the next day, not wanting to get out of bed and see what was in store for her and her soulmate today. She was so hesitant to see him after the events of the day before but she knew she had to.

She finally got herself out of bed and prepared herself to go to work where she remembered she had to see Jiyeon.

She let out a loud groan, not ready to face her either. Jiyeon hated her and she was in love with the girl but for some reason, the excitement that coursed through her body everytime she thought of seeing Jiyeon didn't come today. She felt nothing and it slightly surprised her.

With a deep sigh, Yunhee opened her front door only to see a little boy standing there, doe eyes observing the people that walked by.

The boy turned around with little steps, looking up at Yunhee with bright eyes and a big smile, showing his fully grown set of baby teeth.

In his hand was a paper and he looked up at the girl who simply stared at him with a slightly confused look.

To answer all her questions, the toddler boy spoke up.

"Hi Mommy! For you!" The boy said and handed her the paper.

With slight hesitance, Yunhee grabbed the paper from the little boy's hand and opened it, reading the words that appeared.

"Dear Kim Yunhee, surprise surprise! A soulmate, right? Care for this adorable boy and seek for the other adorable boy, Lee Haechan, whom you're supposed to be with. The hatred will fade as the two of you take care of your child." Yunhee read aloud and looked down at the toddler who stared at her with his bright eyes not faltering.

Yunhee smiled at the child and leaned down to pick him up. She carried the boy inside her home and pulled out her phone, calling the coffee shop she worked at.

"Hey boss." She began as she bounced the toddler on her hip, exciting him.

"I might need to take the day off or at the very least, come in late. Some stuff happened and I just won't be able to make it on time." Yunhee explained as she sat down with the boy.

Thankfully, her boss allowed her to do either she wanted and hung up the phone. Suddenly, a ding sound emitted from her phone, indicating that she had received a message.

It had been from an unknown number, giving her an address.

Yunhee stared at the screen, slightly scared. That was until the unknown number finally told her that it was Haechan and she breathed a sigh of relief.

She quickly responded before looking at the little boy who played with her hair and smiled.

"Let's go see your dad and hope he isn't too mean." She said softly and placed the boy on the ground, readying to walk out of the house with him and go to the given address.

Haechan awoke in a good mood, completely forgetting about the fact that he had a soulmate and it happened to someone he despised.

A bright smile was on his face as he walked around the house, wondering what he was going to do throughout the day.

"Why not give Mark a visit?" He thought to himself, ready to annoy the said friend.

He decided he wanted to do exactly that so he began getting himself ready, showering and putting on a fresh set of clothes that were appropriate to wear out.

As he walked out the door, a piece of paper taped onto it caught his attention.

With curiosity, Haechan pulled off the paper, reading it.

His bright mood suddenly dropped and annoyance filled within him as he read the letter that mentioned of him and his soulmate, Yunhee.

With a deep sigh, he crumpled up the piece of paper and walked straight back into the house, throwing the letter away and pulling out his phone.

Slumping onto the couch, Haechan scrolled through his contacts, landing on Jaemin's to ask for Yunhee's number. He would've asked Jiyeon but he knew that she absolutely hated Yunhee with every ounce in her body and Jaemin was nicer.

Not long after, Jaemin sent the number and Haechan inputted it into his phone, saving the contact and messaging her.

Haechan:
*insert address*
Read

Haechan furrowed his brows, wondering why she only left him on read before remembering the fact that she didn't have his number and probably thought it was some creep.

Haechan:
it's haechan btw

After he sent that, Yunhee replied back to his message.

Yunhee:
okay. do you want me to go over?

Haechan rolled his eyes as he typed out a simple 'yes' before locking his phone and observing the place he lived.

He found it clean enough for company and began thinking about how it was gonna be like with Yunhee.

She was pretty, but it didn't change the fact that she was the bitch who tried to ruin the relationship of two of his closest friends.

Haechan gritted his teeth, reminiscing the moments from the day before.

He didn't understand why the universe would assign her as his soulmate. She was one who tried to separate soulmates. Plus, she was in love with someone else— a female to be exact— and so he wondered how any of this would work out in the first place.

His fists clenched as he replayed that thought.

She was in love with someone else.

Haechan let out an exaggerated sigh, wondering why the hell he was letting that affect him. It was way too early for the soulmate effect to take place, right? There was also the fact he hated her. She almost killed his best friends whom he loved.

Haechan ran his fingers through his hair as thoughts devoured him entirely. It stressed him out. He was confused with everything already. It had only been a day of actually having a soulmate and their only interaction was him shoving her out of a home before storming off himself.

His thoughts were cut off by a knock on his door. Haechan checked his phone clock and realized it had already been ten minutes since he texted Yunhee which meant that it was a decent time for her to arrive.

With a slight sigh and nervousness flowing through his body, Haechan went to open the door, revealing Yunhee carrying a toddler boy with a letter in her hand.

Let's see how this goes.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
"Okay so what the hell are we supposed to do?" One of the people asked the elder.

"Uh.. what the hell do we do actually?" An experienced one asked the other who shrugged.

"We just watch and make commentary like dumbasses." One said and the people assigned to the soulmates gave an 'are you serious' expression.

"This guy right here is an expert at dumbass-ness!" One shouted, earning a smack from another.

"Oh boy. Let's see how this works out with y'all."