2.7

a/n: i was writing the next chapter and i realized i never did a hydra kidnapping scene!

 anyways enjoy this cuteness while it lasts :)

please comment, vote, and react!

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

BRUCE IS BACK TWO DAYS LATER.

Two days of Spencer avoiding every SHIELD agent and two days of every SHIELD agent staring at Spencer any chance they got.

Peter or Wanda must've told Bruce because before Spencer even realized the Quinjet had landed, there was an aggressive knock on her door which, after the first hit, went considerably less aggressive.

"Hey," Spencer said, pulling the door open, fully expecting Wanda or Pietro or Peter, but nearly had a heart attack at the sight of her own dad.

"Oh, hey!" she said, a little more enthusiastically, offering him a hug. Bruce accepted immediately.

"Are you okay?" he asked cautiously, pulling away after a moment to study Spencer's face. "I heard what-"

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine," Spencer promised, holding out her hands as an indicator. "Seriously. No harm is done. Maybe to the grass though." Bruce let out a little laugh, but not a good one. "So, how was the mission?" Spencer questioned. "Everything okay?"

"Oh, it was fine," Bruce said. "Just a little rough. I'm glad you're okay, though."

"All good," Spencer reassured him because she could tell by the way his lips were set he wasn't relieved at all by her previous attempts. "It probably sounds worse than it was," she offered, with a shrug.

"It sounded like you lifted a 2-ton tire to save a SHIELD agent."

She titled her head. "Okay, that sounds right." Bruce sighed. "But it wasn't that bad! Seriously," she told him, meeting his eyes. "The worst part is the stares I'm getting. I'm pretty sure saving that agent's life was the most suspicious thing I've done in the last two months."

"Spence," Bruce started but interrupted himself with his own sigh. "It's not that I'm not proud - I am," he promised, locking eyes with her in the way he always did when she was a kid to make sure she was really listening. "But I'm worried that you're not taking your safety seriously."

Spencer's immediate reaction is to make some snarky remark about how she's literally invincible now, but she decided against it. Instead, she lets his words track through her brain before he continued on.