Chapter 113

The train soon started on and took more speed by each passing moment. The big black dog started chasing after the train, but soon enough, the train turned the corner and Sirius and the others disappeared from sight.

"Well," said Fred, clapping his hands together once the train had left the station, "can't stand around chatting all day, we've got business to discuss with Lee. See you later." By that, he took a hold of Lexi's arm, and dragged her along with him and George.

The train was still gathering more speed, so that the houses outside the window flashed past and they swayed where they stood.

"Shall we go and find a compartment, then?" Harry asked Ron and Hermione.

At those words, Ron and Hermione exchanged looks.

"Er..." Ron started and then looked down, avoiding Harry's eyes.

"We're — well — Ron and I are supposed to go into the prefect carriage," Hermione said awkwardly.

"Oh," said Harry. "Right. Fine."

"I don't think we'll have to stay there all journey," said Hermione quickly. "Our letters said we just get instructions from the Head Boy and Girl and then patrol the corridors from time to time."

"Fine," said Harry again. "Well, I-I might see you later, then."

There was a tone of obvious disappointment in his voice that didn't go unnoticed by Jenna. But there wasn't much she could do as she laid down in her cat basket, carried by Hermione.

"Yeah, definitely," said Ron, casting a shifty, anxious look at Harry. "It's a pain having to go down there, I'd rather — but we have to — I mean, I'm not enjoying it, I'm not Percy," he finished defiantly.

"I know you're not," said Harry and he grinned.

By one last wave at him, Hermione and Ron dragged their trunks, Crookshanks, and a caged Pigwidgeon off toward the engine end of the train, leaving Harry behind.

Jenna felt an odd sense of sadness as she thought back of Sirius, knowing how miserable he was going to be, left all alone in that horrible house. Jenna hated that she had to leave him, but they had no other choice.

At around lunch time when Ron and Hermione had finished their patrols and prefect duties, they took Crookshanks's basket and Pigwidgeon's cage, leaving their compartment to find Harry.

Jenna was reminded of when Lily and Remus had become prefects, and James had become highly jealous that he hadn't been chosen, despite being in detention more than in classes. He just wanted to spend more time with Lily, no matter what it took.

"Here they are," said Ron, finding Harry, Ginny, and Neville in a seperate compartment. Although a girl he didn't recognize was with them too, who had long blonde hair and a dreamy gaze.

Ron and Hermione slid compartment door open and walked in, accompanied by Crookshanks and a shrilly hooting Pigwidgeon in his cage.

"I'm starving," said Ron, stowing Pigwidgeon next to Hedwig, grabbing a Chocolate Frog from Harry and throwing himself into the seat next to him. He ripped open the wrapper, bit off the Frog's head, and leaned back with his eyes closed as though he had had a very exhausting morning.

"Well, there are two fifth-year prefects from each House," said Hermione, looking thoroughly disgruntled as she took her seat. "Boy and girl from each."