< XIII >

Cataleya Valentina Velez:

'Two weeks.' Neveah states before she closes the bedroom door behind her, 'The last time we talked about escaping was two weeks ago and you still haven't told me about your plan.' 

She's right. I haven't exactly told her anything about my plan, because it needs to say a secret. The less she knows, the better.

 'Who says there is a plan?' I ask, raising an eyebrow at my best friend. If we are going to have this conversation, we have to make sure we're alone. 

She turns towards me and tilts her head a little, she doesn't believe me at all. 'You're telling me you've given up on trying to get the fuck out of here?' Nope...

I figured out the perfect plan. The only problem is that I haven't found a perfect time yet. 

'Are you keeping something from me?' I walk towards her and hug her tightly. 'Later.' I whisper into her ear. Her eyes widen and I can't stop smiling. 

If all of this turns out to work, we'll be out soon enough. 'Okay, but why can't you tell me now?'

Three... Two... One... The door swings open and Leon stumbles inside, he tends to go everywhere Neveah goes if he has the time. 'That's why.' 

'That's why what, Leya?' Leon jumps onto the bed, smiling at Neveah like the creep he is. She rolls her eyes and walks into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. 

I feel kind of sorry for Leonardo. Ever since they took us in, scratch that, ever since they threaten to kill us if we even thought about leaving, he's been waiting for her. He's been kissing her ass like a little dog, following her every move, waiting for her to finally start talking to him again, and all she does is ignore him. 

"He needs to be honest." She said the last time we talked about them. I don't get how she wants him to be honest if she doesn't even let him talk to her, but it's better this way. It will be easier for us to get the fuck out of here if she doesn't have feelings for him anymore. 

'What are you doing here Leon?' I ask, even though it's obvious. He's here to stare at Neveah again. 'No need to be so rude Cataleya.' He sits up straight, rolling his eyes at me. 

For the past few days, he's been way nicer to me than I expected him to be. If it wasn't for the fact that he won't let us go either, we actually could've been great buddies. 

'I just wanted to spend some time with my new best friend!' He exclaims, obviously lying. He can barely look me in the eyes as he tries to convince me that I'm the reason he came to our room.

I fold my arms in front of my chest and raise an eyebrow at him. 'Now tell me the real reason?' 

'Well, if you want me to be honest.' He mumbles, before walking over to Neveah's side of the closet. He opens the drawers and smiles at whatever he's looking at. 'Stop that!' 

His eyes shoot towards me and he raises his hands in the air, as a sign of surrender. 

'Nothing I haven't seen before, but anyway.' Neveah gets out of the bathroom and looks at me as if Leon doesn't even exist. 'There you are.' 

'You literally saw her run in there.' He rolls his eyes at my remark and stares at Neveah again. He's so interested in her, it's scary. 

'Anyways, I got tired of Adriano fucking that girl he picked off the street,' Estelle... Rio literally picked her up from the side of the road on our way home, 'It's as if he wants to fill every hole in her body if you know what I mean.'