Fly-Paper

The long hallways of Hogwarts seemed to stretch out for an eternity, each step feeling as though I was walking on a treadmill, stuck in one place. None-the-less I carry on, releasing a heavy breath of relief upon reaching any corners or bends that present the idea of progress. My heart pounds against my chest in anticipation, pure anxiety consuming me - yet, with the excessive time passing, confusion came to accompany me as well. Clock hands shift from 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and I start to lose hope.

"Not in the study hall, not in any of his classes, not in the courtyard, not in the library, not in the common room, not in the Great Hall..."

My brows furrow in annoyance with each second of growing confusion. With a loud huff, my last hope sways to the front of my mind, causing me to swiftly spin around on my heels and head for the room of requirement. Even if he's not there, the room might still replicate the room he is in. I think to myself, turning another corner and rushing down the still stairs before they change once more. Considering it's what I need, anyway. Hopefully.

Finding myself standing in front of the wall, I pace back and forth, clearing my mind of anything but thoughts of Riddle.

Is he in here? If not, where is he? Has he somehow snuck out of Hogwarts? What's he doing? I should have asked him for a place to meet? God, will I even be able to survive this? Even if he doesn't physically hurt me, I still have to deal with how I've treated him. He's not fully a monster yet, he hasn't killed anyone. You're supposed to prevent this-

Interrupting my racing thoughts, the door appears, allowing me to push them open and step inside. Sure enough, Riddle is still nowhere in sight, however, a room appears nonetheless. The room is small, maybe a quarter the size of a classroom, the air is just damp enough to put a strange taste in my mouth. As soon as the door shuts behind me, all visibility leaves and I'm left in pitch blackness. Clutching my arms around myself, I shiver, my lips quivering slightly. What is this? Do we have such a place in Hogwarts? Questions race through my mind again as I feel along the walls, hoping to find any sort of secret button press. Even if there is one, wouldn't it have a spell blocking it or something? This is hopeless.

Just how badly did you screw up that the room of requirement believes you need a tiny, dark, cold-ass room? I fucked up, god; I fucked up. What if I just make him hate people more? What if me coming back here does nothing but makes things worse for the future and ruins everything? I'm letting her down. I'm letting everyone down.

Slowly squatting down and sitting on the floor, I allow my thoughts to consume me, unsure of how much time is passing by.

I'm trying now, I'm trying. It's so hard! Why is it so hard?! Why can't I just do my job?

The chilly dampness of the room grows heavier against my skin, teeth chattering, body shivering, all skin surely as red as the blood beneath it.

He's so scary, so, so scary. His deathly eyes, his icy tone, his invisible thoughts. And here I've gone and made him angry, of all things!

Abruptly a bright light flashes into the room, flying through me as though I wasn't even there. Squinting my eyes shut tight, I lose my balance and fall over onto the floor before mustering up the ability to open my eyes.

Still unable to keep my eyes open more or for very long, fear floods through me stronger, nearly consuming me before I'm lifted off the ground and pulled out of the room.

"How did you get that room?!"

"What? I-"

"You're freezing! Just how long were you in there?"

"No, stop-"

"Stop what?"

"Questions. Please, no-no questions.".