Chapter 41 - Girls Day

Lucy followed Nya through a mall.

"So what are we doing?" Lucy asked, keeping up the older girl easily.

Nya shrugged. "Well, I don't want to help build the tea shop and I've been wanting to go on a shopping spree, and I didn't want to go alone." She smiled at the slightly shorter teen.

"Fun!" Lucy chirped.

"Come on!"

They entered the closest store.

A beauty store.

"Isn't this not up our lanes?" Lucy asked.

"We can step out of our comfort zones a little." Nya shrugged. "How about we get some makeup, nail polish, spa stuff and just have a fun day out then at the Bounty we hang out and play around?"

Lucy laughed. "You ok Nya?" Nya shoved her. "Ok ok! That sounds like fun."

"Good! Cause we're doing it." Nya smiled. "Come on, we can use YouTube tutorials to look like models." She fluttered her eyelashes jokingly.

Lucy rolled her eyes as she laughed. "Yeah, and we can buy seven different outfits to try on and like but never wear again."

"Sure, well maybe not seven but like two that we will wear again! Besides, I'm using the cash I earned the last few months." Nya shrugged.

"If you're sure—hey look this is supposed to smell like cherries." Lucy picked up a stick of bright cherry red lipstick. "Looks like a stick of blood."

Nya burst out laughing. "Wow! Ok, sure. Know what let's get it. Oh! And the 'raspberry pink' one too." She plucked it off the shelf and set it inside the basket she was carrying.

"Alright—wait what torture contraption is this?" Lucy picked up a metal... doohickey.

"Uhh..." Nya read the sign on the shelf. "A lip plumper? We are not getting that... unless you want to get our brothers involved later and make them use it?" She smirked at the blonde.

Lucy lit up. "Yes! Oh my word that would be hilarious." Nya grinned and put the plumper in the basket.

They moved further down, opting out of getting foundation and concealer, though they did get a highlighter and bronze pallet.

(Disclaimer: I do NOT know makeup at all. At most I've worn lipstick, eyeliner, and mascara. And my Mom did basically all of it)

Lucy grabbed some liquid and pencil eyeliner at Nya's suggestion as Nya looked through the eyeshadow pallets.

"What about this one?" Lucy picked up a rainbow one with glitter options.

"Well I would like to maybe use some of it myself if I ever want to really dress up for a date or something, or even a mission." Nya said. "And there isn't any neutral tones or calmer colors."

Lucy nodded. "Oh! I've heard of smokey eyes, we should give Kai one."

"I was thinking fire. We'll have to wait on doing the boys' makeup until after we're good at it." Nya said. "How about this pallet?"

"There's no blues or greens." Lucy pointed out.

"Oh you're right." Nya groaned.