Regret Everything

"Shin Ryujin, please slowly open your eyes." The doctor said as he successfully took off the bandage wrapped around the short-haired girl's eyes.

Ryujin slowly opened her eyes and spent seconds wandering around as things seem a little bit blurry but as minutes go by, everything started to get clearer and clearer.

Ryujin stood up and let out a big smile at the three girls in front of her while trying to contain her tears. "You guys are so pretty."

One of her friends noticed that the girl who just regained her vision is observing them while looking for someone. "Ryujin, she's not here."

"W-why? did she go s-somewhere?" The short-haired girl said and let the tears fall down from her eyes.

The doctor, on the other hand, felt a little bit curious on the small situation they were facing. "Why? is there someone you want to see?" The doctor asked the girl who had a worried look on her face.

Ryujin sat down and hugged her knees while thinking of someone. For a brief moment, she reminisced about her relationship with the girl who protected her and stayed by her side.

"M-my girlfriend." The short-haired girl weakly said.

--
- 4 YEARS AGO -

A man who is wearing a white jacket and black pants continuously ran around the apartment building as he is being chased by a female who is wearing an all black clothing.

After running for minutes, the man found himself cornered. The only thing in front of him is a balcony, if he jumps, he will suffer severe injuries. He started shaking uncontrollably when the female who is chasing him pulled out a gun.

The man had no choice but to kneel down and beg for his life, "Please, H-hwang Y-yeji." The man stuttered on every word as the deadly gaze on the lady's look made him frightened.

The woman pointed the gun at him and had the same nervous breathing as the man. She was as scared as the guy. "Just p-pay your debt and I'll let y-you go." The cat-eyed girl said and took a few steps forward making the man do the opposite.

"I have a daughter." The man said and continuously took steps backward.

"I'm sorry. I'm just following orders." The cat-eyed girl said and closed her eyes and pulled the trigger.

Fortunately, the man dodged the bullet by jumping down the balcony but that doesn't mean his death isn't inevitable. "Please, h-help me." The man said as he is starting to let go of the metal bar he is hanging onto.

"Why do you have to make things hard for me?" The cat-eyed girl said and walked towards the balcony and pointed her gun towards the man.

As the man met eyes with the gun, he started panicking once again. "P-please, I know you, Hwang Yeji. Do you think your father will be happy if I tell him in heaven that his daughter is a murderer?" The man nervously said making the cat-eyed girl have a battle with her thoughts.

"I-I-" The woman looked around the dark city as she started fighting with herself mentally. Half of her wants to shoot the man to complete her mission but the other half knows that it is cruel to kill.

A bright light from a car hit her eyes that caught her attention. Her eyes widened when she saw a red nissan car and a big truck running towards each other. "Hey! watch the road!" The cat-eyed girl shouted but it was too late.

As the two vehicles collided, the man who was hanging on the balcony became flustered and lost his grip. Luckily, the cat-eyed girl caught his hand.

"H-hwang Yeji. Thank you." The man said as he got up from the balcony.

"I'll go now." Yeji whispered to the man but when she turned around, 3 policemen are standing still with pistols aimed at her.

"Lady, drop the weapon or we won't hesitate." The policeman said to threaten the cat-eyed girl.

Yeji knew that there was no escape in that situation so she decided to drop her gun to the floor, put her hands on the back of her head and kneel down.

"You have the right to remain silent." The policeman said and handcuffed the girl.

As Yeji stood up, she heard a loud scream from the road. Yeji tried to look at the road when she heard a girl scream for her parents but the policeman held her.

"Hey, can you call the ambulance?" The policeman who handcuffed Yeji said.

"On it. Go take her to the station." The other policeman said and took out his phone.

--

"Hwang Yeji, you are sentenced to jail for 4 years due to attempted homicide and illegal possession of firearms."

--

"This is your cell." The female bodyguard said and opened the door for the cat-eyed girl.

Yeji threw glances at her cellmates and she felt a little intimidated as the other women were staring at her with a frightening look.

"What's your name?" One of her cellmates said.

"The hell?" One of the cellmates added and felt a little pissed off as they received silence as a reply from the cat-eyed girl.

Yeji, on the other hand, stopped thinking straight. First, her mother died of cancer, second, her father killed himself and now this. At first, Yeji was excited when she spoke to a gang leader and asked for a job because she was just a clueless and desperate girl who wanted to earn money.

Now that she is in jail and surrounded by people who are rolling their sleeves and clenching their fists, she regrets all of the decisions she made.

On the verge of insanity, Yeji let out a laugh that made the other women flustered and confused.

"Crazy bitch." One of her cellmates said while giving a confused look at the cat-eyed girl.

"Beat her up." The other lady said and landed a punch on Yeji's stomach.

When the cat-eyed girl is on the floor, her other cellmates starting landing punches on her face and kicking her stomach rapidly.

'What did I do wrong?' Yeji thought to herself and kept on trying to resist the pain.