Chapter 13 - Christmas Card

"Did we really have to come to your apartment?" Jenny questioned. "Why couldn't we have gone back to the office?"

Josh considered his place comfortable enough with a single bedroom, a few windows, a bathroom, and a kitchenette. And while he was fond of its simplicity, he dreamed of living in something more lavish. He had admittedly been rather pampered before coming to the city.

Jenny, meanwhile, was almost jealous he had his own place, though she was grateful for her dorm back on their campus.

"There's too many people there," he answered, closing the blinds before joining her on his gray couch.

"Is it really that big of a secret?"

"Yeah. It's about a million times bigger than your relationship." There was a brief pause before he continued. "I know Evie because we grew up together and we both lived in Auradon." He explained slowly, praying he could trust Jenny enough not to say anything. She was clearly puzzled. "My name isn't Josh Videlle. I'm... Carlos DeVil."

"Oh my god," Jenny whispered. "Oh my god!" she said louder. "You are! You just look... older and with brown hair."

"First thing I did when I escaped was shave my entire head." He snickered at the memory.

"You knew Lola–Evie–whatever." She was purely astonished. It was against all odds that they'd somehow meet and yet, here they sat in a poorly lit apartment.

"We agreed to stay connected after we fled, but with changing names and addresses and everything it was... nearly impossible."

"I have her address!" Jenny piped up. "She gave me her BHU address when she left–you should send her something."

He beamed at the thought of reconnecting with Evie. While he knew it might be risky, nothing sounded better at that moment.

With a smile as pure as his heart, he decided, "I'll send her a Christmas card."