Plans In Motion

Midoriya groaned as he woke up. Why was his bed so uncomfortable? He opened his eyes, and he quickly sat up when he realized he was actually on the floor. "Eri?" he asked. He looked to his bed; it was empty. He shot to his feet, adrenaline filling his limbs, and ran down the stairs. All For One hadn't gotten his filthy hands on her, had he?

He stopped in his tracks as he heard her voice from the bar room. He opened the door and came out, and he nearly sagged in relief when he saw Kurogiri and even Shigaraki entertaining her. "Wow," she said in awe, reaching her hand through one of Kurogiri's portals and jumping a little when she poked herself in the back.

"Hey, guys," Midoriya said, stretching out his arms as he walked towards them. Eri's eyes lit up, and she jumped up and ran over to him, throwing her arms around him.

"You really did it!" she cried, burying her face into his shirt. "I thought you were going to die, just like everyone else. But you did it! You saved me!"

"Hey, Midoriya. Care to explain who little Eri is and why you brought her here?" Shigaraki asked. He sounded mildly annoyed, but not nearly as angry as he probably would have been before actually meeting Eri.

"Eri is my new little sister," he declared. Eri looked up at him, eyes wide.

"Really?" she gasped. "Can I?"

"Of course," he said with a smile, ruffling her hair. "You can call me big brother, if you want. You'll be staying with me from now on, except probably when I'm at school."

Her eyes were shining, but she lowered her head. "You should take me back," she whispered. "I'm cursed; I killed my own father with my quirk. I can't control it, and the only one who can stop me once I start using it is Overhaul."

"How does he do that?" Midoriya asked. "I'll bet we can do it better."

"He—" She shuddered. "He disassembles me. Then he puts me back together." 

Midoriya didn't say anything for a minute, trying to get his temper under control. He was going to murder Overhaul, but he didn't want Eri to know that he'd killed someone for her. "Well, our way is definitely better than that," he said, his voice disgusted. "What's your quirk?"

"My quirk is called Rewind," she murmured. "I can reverse time for people and animals. Not objects, though. That's why it's so hard to train me."

One For All's voice crackled over the stereo. "Don't worry, little one," he said. "I am young Midoriya's teacher, you could say. Overhaul may be powerful, but he is no match for me. As for your curse, you would not be the first I have saved from a dangerous quirk they could not control." Tomura looked away, hands fidgeting as he consciously kept himself from scratching at his neck and face.

"Unfortunately, you're not allowed to touch her," Midoriya said firmly, tightening his hold around Eri. "I'll figure it out myself. Now, I've got to go to school, so Kurogiri and Shigaraki are going to take care of you, okay?" he said, turning to her.

"Will you come back?" she asked, eyes wide and intent.

"Of course I will!" Midoriya said, giving her a smile. "I'll come back every day, right after my classes are over."

"Midoriya, we have things to do today. Did you forget? Sensei may not be a hero, but he's never used a child like that. You'll have to trust him with Eri's safety if you want to protect her from Overhaul, and I'd suggest letting him train her quirk, as well. There's no one with a wider knowledge of quirks, you know."

Midoriya gritted his teeth, but he nodded. "If you hurt her, you'll regret it," he said darkly, letting Wrath to the surface for a moment. Kurogiri and Tomura paused in surprise, never having felt that kind of presence from him before. Pushing off the questions, he used Disguise to turn back into Michi and threw his clothes on before hurrying to make it on time to school.