Chapter 22 - Y/n...

Hours had passed and soon you woke from the deep slumber you both fell into. The soft rise and fall of his chest was the first thing that registered in your sleepy mind, the next being the warm new fabric over you; his hoodie. In all honesty it was incredibly soft, the mint and musk like smell seemed to almost lull you back to sleep but you fought to keep awake.

He looked peaceful like this, his eyes shut softly and lips slightly ajar. Your heart leaped at the thought of giving him peppered kisses to wake him. One on his forehead, between the brows, left and right cheek, nose and finally lips.

Your covered hands—covered by the hoodie sleeve—reached up and held his face. His breathing hitched which made your heart drop until he leaned into your touch, his arms pulling you closer which was something you just registered.

Grazing your thumb across his cheek the urge to kiss him grew. However, when he shifted closer you held your breath before pretending to sleep, hand dropping down.

Loki moved a bit until he fully returned to reality, his eyes landing on your face. Letting out a sigh, just as you did before, he cupped your face after lifting his hand from your waist. Kissing your forehead lightly, you felt the soft embrace last for a quite a while before he rested his head above yours.

Feeling your heated cheeks flush against the chilly skin of his neck, one deep breath in and you could feel nothing but pure bliss.

"Damn," Loki looked to his clock. "Y/n," he pulled back for some space before poking you lightly. "Y/n,"

"What is it?" you grumble, trying to sound as if you just woke up.

"You need to eat,"

"I had breakfast, I'm fine," Loki laughs lightly at your stubbornness before removing Anna from your grip making your eyes snap open to reveal a flaming look glare.

"Come on, Anna wants food too,"

"Just because I have a stuffed animal doesn't mean I'm 5 years old," you sit up and yawn, snatching the animal back. "What's on the menu, Chef?"

"Who said I was cooking?"

"I did," this comment made him scoff with a small smile.

~~~

It seemed it was ever in either of your rooms after dark moments of pain is when you and Loki were close. Holding each other tight as if letting go would cause the universe to tear you two apart.

But that was just it, wasn't it? Pain and comfort, no love or true affection.

Maybe because the Avengers were at every corner of the tower was the reason to blame for removal of that soft side of Loki. Further proven by the fact while you stood on the balcony of the lounge one morning, Loki joined you; something he never did when the team was around.

"What are you doing out here?" Loki wrapped his jacket over your shoulders, making you smile and stand up properly instead of leaning on the railing.

"It's nice," you turn and lift your drink to his lips.

"Mm," he hums, sipping at the drink before pulling you onto the bench behind. Your legs curled up as his arms held you. "How are you feeling today?"

"Bored," you laugh. "I want to get out the tower,"

"Then why don't we?" he suggests. "Where would you like to go?"

"Seriously?" When he looked down with a confirming nod, you purse your lips. "Hm," you look at the city ahead as topaz skies ran along the top of buildings. "Museum? Heard there's a Norse exhibition open right now,"

Loki rolled his eyes at the mischievous smirk on your lips. "I'll regret this, but let's go... once it's opened because no, we can't break in,"

"Boo, you're boring," he pokes your nose when you stick out your tongue making your face scrunch up.

~~~

Loki and you were fully dressed, him in a suit and you in some casual clothing. Anna was put in your bag, slightly sticking out so 'she could breathe' according to you which Loki sighs at, unable to contain the absolute fluffy feeling rising in his chest.

Stepping along the rain damp pavement from last night's pour, you jumped on a puddle splashing water onto Loki's shoes.

"Y/n," He warns.

"Whoops," you smirk before jumping into another puddle and soak the hems of his pants.

He stopped in his tracks and turned to your grin. "Stop that,"

"Stop that," You mock back.

"Y/n." His stern tone sent a shiver through you, his eyes raising in success when you were silent.

"Loki." the moment you copied his tone, he took your hand and pulled you close.

"Quite down, darling, don't talk back or we're going back home," he kept his head held high as he passed groups of people who watched curiously at the sighting of the God out on the streets.

"You're mean,"

"You're a brat," Loki shoots back, arm now around your waist.

"Damn right," you give his ass a squeeze with your hand making him jump and give you a deadly stare.

"Did you want to get punished?" this made you squirm lightly, his arm tightening around you, tugging on the waist band of your pants.

"Nope!" You squeak making him smirk and push you to walk faster.

~~~

This chapter is to cheer up my lovely darling @-darkxshadow-

- Anna ❤️