ch.44

conquer

   "you met with her?" glenn questioned, watching me as i made my way around the corner to where he was, sitting on the porch.

    i tilted my head, shoving my hands in my pockets frustratedly, "yeah."

    "so what is it?" he asked, looking up to me when i made it to his side.

   "it's what we thought. maggie's gonna talk to people, she's gonna try and solve this." i started, taking a seat next to him, "i think it's best if i do behind the scene stuff, im not good with talking to people. you know that, i have a short temper."

     he nodded, letting out a little chuckle. "what?" i questioned, furrowing my eyebrows.

    he shrugged, moving his hand to my thigh,  "i love you"

     my lips tugged, sending him a small smile, "we're gonna work it out. i know it, i'll see you there."

     he sent me another smile, nodding. i stood up, bending down to place a kiss on his lips before turning to leave.
___________

     "hey" i greeted, turning to see abraham open the infirmary doors, holding a flower.

    his eyes flew to where eugene sat, right next to tara, who had been in some type of coma since the accident with aiden and noah.

    "oh, i'll come by later." he mumbled, stepping to shut the door.

    "he's asleep" rosita started, joining by my side, letting out a little chuckle from his actions, "he's asleep, sit."

    abraham hesitated, soon giving us a small nod, quietly moving to where she laid.

     rosita nudged my shoulder, motioning for me to hit the pan off the counter, in an act to try and get the two to make up.

    i smirked, carelessly swinging my hand across the table, causing a ruckus as the pan hit the ground.

    abrahams head shot back to where we stood, giving us a death glare. "whoops" rosita uttered, bending down to get the pan.

    i shrugged, moving to where the two sat, trying to sort out tara's meds.

     "good afternoon" eugene greeted, causing me to snort, throwing the meds down on the table, "okay, i'm just gonna go. see you guys later."

      rosita chuckled, shaking her head at me as she watched me exit the room, leaving her with the awkwardness of the two.

     "good luck" i snarked, before fully closing the door behind me.

     i let out a sigh, shoving my hands in my pockets as i walked towards the front gate, realizing it hadn't been shut.

    "shit" i mumbled, running to where it was open. my eyes scanned the area, seeing no one in sight.

     i paused, thinking about my options before i completely exited the wall, moving outside to make sure whoever left was okay.

     i tracked up until my lead went cold, causing me to groan in frustration.

     just as i was about to turn back, i caught a hint of yellow out of the corner of my eye, making me stop in place.