➳ 𝟎𝟏𝟑

Akane Haizaki x Reader(Female)
Requested By: None
KNY Taisho Era AU
Warning, angst

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It's  always fine,because you are here

It's  always fine,
because you are here.

His dark blue ocean eyes held a certain look in them as he walked towards the estate that he lived in. He pushed the door opened just a little as he stepped in, chuckling softly as he heard running footsteps, where he heard a gasp.

"Haizaki?! What happened?!" she yelled out as she ran towards him and quickly tugged him over. He shook his head a little in response as he ruffled her on the hair and walked past her, dropping his nichirin blade down as he removed his haori and the top of his uniform.

"I always told you that you should be careful whenever you go on missions," she spoke out with a pout and he couldn't help but smile as he looked at her, watching at how her cheeks were puffed out.

"It's alright, isn't it? Because you are here," he spoke out and she lets out a sigh, shaking her head as she jabbed his side harshly, causing him to yelp in shock as he felt ticklish. He got up on the patio as he walked to where she would often keep the medical supplies.

"Kocho-san is going to get angry at you if she finds out you have been stealing the supplies from the Butterfly Estate," she pointed out and Haizaki shrugged his shoulders as he prepared a bath for himself where he turned to look at her.

"You going to watch?" he asked and she nodded her head. He laughed as he got into the bath and winced when the water touched his wounds. Where he watched her stood by the side of the wooden tub and how her hand was dipped into the warm water.

"You know, you should take better care of yourself, right?" she spoke out and he hummed in response, allowing himself to soak for a little while as he shut his dark blue ocean eyes.

"You are going to end up fainting if you keep soaking for that long. Come on, get out already," she spoke out and he lets out a sigh, standing up as he grabbed hold of the towel that was hung by the side. He cleaned himself dry as he put his yukata on loosely.

"Dry your hair, gosh. How many times do I have to tell you?" she asked as she followed him, he clicked his tongue in response as he dried his hair and sat on the patio where he had placed the medical supplies at.

"Clean your wounds first," she pointed out and he looked at where her finger pointed to, where he started to clean the wound. Eventually, he started to stitch his wound as she watched his every move.

"Hey, do you remember the first few times we went on missions together?" she asked and he looked at her, with a frown on his face as he wondered what she was trying to imply.

"Are you sure you can handle it by yourself?" Haizaki asked and she blinked her eyes a few times before laughing and nodding her head while she held her nichirin blade in her hand.

"Of course, and I have you, right? My trusty partner!" she added on and Haizaki chuckled, shaking his head as he ruffled her on the hair.

"Well, the other side needs more help than my area. So if you are there, it should be fine!" she added on and Haizaki nodded his head as he brought her hand up and planted a kiss on the back of it.

"Well, see you later,"

"The first mission we had together, you were such a flirt," she pointed out and Haizaki had a blush on his face as he recalled the incident. He continued to stitch his wound while she laughed and sat closer to him, leaning her head against his shoulder.

"What about those times we went on missions together after we started dating?" Haizaki asked and she waved her hand about as she lets out a soft giggle, pointing her finger up to where the sky was as well.

"Those were memorable indeed! We had so much trust in one another!" she added on and Haizaki raised an eyebrow in response as he watched her turn to look at him with the blinding smile of hers.

"Are you scared?" she asked and he laughed at the question she had asked. How they were going up against a horde of demons together, with their back against one another.

"Why should I be?" he asked and she hummed in response as her eyes scanned through the demons, wondering and estimating how many there were.

"Because we are outnumbered?" she asked and she was turned, where he pulled her close against his body and pressed his lips against her forehead.

"It's fine, because you are here," he spoke out with a smile and she laughed, jabbing her finger against his chest as they avoided the demons' attacks.

"I should be saying that to you, I'm the damsel in distress!" she spoke out with a chuckle, and he shook his head as he held his nichirin blade tightly in his hands.

Haizaki laughed slightly at the words that were being said as he got up from the patio. He shrugged his shoulders as he started to walk away, whereas she followed him quickly, smiling as she skipped next to him.

"We are always going to be fine when we have one another," Haizaki pointed out and she hummed in response as they left the estate together. How the lower-ranked demon slayers were greeting him as he walked further down the path.

"Of course we will always be fine together, what makes you think we won't be?" she asked with a smile and Haizaki shrugged his shoulders as he entered a specific place where he would often go.

"You sure are loud today," he spoke out with a smile and he watched as she laughed once more, holding onto his arm as she nuzzled the side of her head against the side of his arm.

"To keep your spirits up, of course!" she pointed out and he smiled as he stopped walking, turning to look as he lowered his gaze. He lets out a sigh as he looked at her, standing before him with a smile on her face.

"So... Now what?" he asked.

"Oh, Haizaki. You will be fine without me," she spoke out with a smile and Haizaki's dark blue ocean eyes widened as he looked at her, wondering what she had meant.

"You always were," 

she whispered out as tears rolled down her face. His dark blue ocean eyes trembled as he watched her disappear from his view, and there he stood before the grave that belonged to her.

How she had passed away a month ago due to battling against an Upper Moon Demon, how she never returned to his side anymore. His lips trembled as he got on his knees, placing his forehead against the grave.

It was never fine,
when she wasn't around.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The End