thirty-nine

Naomi Black

Naomi Black

I never really understood why I was put on this earth if all I did was hurt people with my presence and existence. I wish Cyrstal would've listened when they urged her to get the abortion. I wish I would've been put up for adoption. I wish that she would've been alive. I wish that he wouldn't have left. I wish that I hadn't let Matti down.

I was hurting everyone.

I was going to tell him—I tried, but he wouldn't let me speak. I understood why he was so upset. But it hurts when you never open up to people, and the first shot someone gets to have at you—they take it and throw it back in your face.

I didn't fall or crumple into the arms of my friends after he left my apartment.

I watched as he walked out of my door—It hurt. I was used to everyone always leaving, but not him. And my fears about him not liking me for who I actually was came true in that very moment.

I was the one that always left after arguments. He was the one that always came back to me, but this time it was different.

I wasn't a liar.

I just didn't want to tell him that I wasn't up to his level. I wasn't a pathetic little girl—I had gone through a lot. I had struggled with so much, he was someone I put my all into—I felt comfortable with him.

It had been two months since we met. Love had no time limit—but it did have an expiration date.

"Naomi—I swear. I said nothing." I can hear Blake's voice through my ears and I just nodded, not wanting to talk at this moment. Why would I want to talk? I was a dirty little liar.

"And dirty little liars don't deserve to talk" Matti's voice spoke in my ears.

God, the look on his face. I felt disgusted with myself. I hurt him so badly that it hadn't hit me the amount of animosity his words had. I detached myself from my body at that point. I just stared into his eyes, he watched as I silently cried. I didn't care to hear all of the mean words he was throwing at me.

I could tell they were vulgar and foul though—it was bad enough that Blake intervened.

I let out a sniffle as the girls turned to look at me. Blake slowly nodded his head, "Right, well. I'm going to head back to practice. If you need anything—" He cut himself off as Sloane gave him a look.