8

Isabella woke up, her head on Klaus's chest and her legs spread along the other seats. Klaus's arms were wrapped around her protectively.

"Are we there yet?" She asked, tilting her head up to look at him.

He laughed, "perfect timing, little sis. We've just arrived."

She sat up, still leaning against her brother as his arms were still around her. She yawned and rubbed her hands over her eyes.

Klaus finally let go of her as he opened the door and stepped out.

Isabella ran out the car, at human pace, looking at her surroundings.

She had always loved the outdoors.

She saw a butterfly so she started chasing after it.

Stefan picked up Ray's dead body from the trunk and started carrying him.

"Bels, love, your going the wrong way." Klaus said.

Isabella stopped chasing the butterfly and started walking in her brothers direction.

Klaus and Stefan were walking whilst Isabella ran in front of them, climbing up a tree. Klaus smiled at the sight because it reminded him when his family were still human.

She moved from one tree to another slowly going in the direction her brother and Stefan were walking.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus sarcastically asked Stefan.

"I'm fine." Stefan said.

"You sure about that? We've been walking for quite some time now. Do you need some water or a little sit- down?"

"You know, I get that we're stuck together but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great." Stefan said.

"So much brooding. Your self- loathing is suffocating you, my friend." Klaus said.

"Maybe it's because I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer."

"Thanks to our pal, Ray, We've found ourselves a pack."

They walked into the middle of the little camping grounds where the pack was.

Everyone stood up at their presence.

Isabella was in a tree, watching.

Stefan threw Ray on the ground.

"Ray. Oh, my god." A girl said, running next to his body. "What's going on? Who are you?" She asked Stefan.

"The important question is, who am I? Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

They stood up in shock, "You're the hybrid." The girl said.

"You've heard of me. Fantastic."

**

"It's fascinating, actually. A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon. A vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid."

Ray woke up, gasping for air. "Excellent timing, Ray." Klaus said. "Very dramatic."

"What's happening to me?" Ray asked.

"Stefan?"

"Are any of you human?" Stefan shouted. "Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."

"Doesn't take much. Just a sip." Klaus said, "Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend along for the ride." Klaus faced the only human, "You." He vamp- sped towards him and bit his arm.