Need | Rico x (Titan Shifter) Reader

Prompt- Reader is insecure about her titan ability but Rico helps reassure her

SPOILER WARNINGS FOR THE END OF SEASON 3

"I just- ahhhhh!"

You had failed. Again. Hange had given you a simple task this time as an experiment. Turn into a titan and simply run. She wanted to test your endurance and physical ability yet you barely when two steps and collapsed. You slumped on the ground, taking a break as Hange studied your evaporating titan.

"Y'know I never like Hange that much, she seems too obsessed." A voice spoke.

You turned to see your girlfriend Rico behind you. You and her had been together for 4 years, you only becoming a titan around a year or so ago. When reclaiming Shiganshina, it was you who gained the colossal titan after eating Bertholdt. Armin was injured and made a full recovery although Erwin was lost. You thought that your power would change things between you but in reality Rico was just shocked to learn what had happened and then grateful that you were given another 13 years to live. She often came to the tests that you and hange did as moral support. And right now you were in need of it and she knew.

"Don't beat yourself up so much, it's only been a year."

"Yeah but I can barely do anything. Plus I don't want this power! I could kill thousands easily with a little pain and will. I could kill you. All I do is cause destruction. I know no one wants to say it but they think that Erwin should've gotten the colossal. I think it to. Choosing me doesn't make any sense! I'm not valuable!? I just.... I sometimes just wish I didn't have this power, even if that means I died that day."

Rico didn't speak, and even if she knew what to say her mouth and body refused to move anyway. She knew you had always been insecure and ashamed of yourself but she didn't know it went this deep.

"What about me?" You looked at her confused and she continued. "What if you died? What would happen to me? I know that's selfish but I need you Y/n. I need to wake up to your beautiful face and make it my objective to make you smile every day. I need to be able to hold you at night and laugh at your corny jokes. I need to stare at you to admire your beauty, I need to stress over what to get you for your birthday. I need to watch you tap your fingers when your concentrating and I need to listen to you complain when Levi gives you chores. I need to watch you fall asleep and be there when you cry.
"What i'm trying to say is that life is empty, nothing, with you Y/n. Your so important to me that I wouldn't be able to move if you left. This power was given to you because your strong. Your so strong and you can help humanity. No one expects you to get it first try either. But we believe in you Y/n. Plus, this power doesn't make you who you are. Your you, Y/n. You the most beautiful and kindest person on the face of this earth and i'm willing to stake my life on that. The colossal doesn't control you, you control the colossal. And I know with this power you'll do great things. So cheer up and try again. Later we'll eat dinner and do something together, okay?"

You nodded and she reached down, lightly wiping your tears away before helping you up and hugging you.

"You've got this, I love you Y/n."

She whispered in your ear before pressing a kiss to your cheeks and sending you off to try again.

"I love you too, thank you."

She smiled as you walked away, thinking of how you'd never know just how much you mean to her.

a/n- this is short compared to my other ones so i'm so sorry! i aim for about 1000-1500 words but i also wanna drag it on and make it bad or anything

this is a request by 14141414t

what's your favorite season and why?

i love you so much<3