Chapter 7

"Miss Mark," Hames called. "The Manager of 'Friz and co.' will be here in a few minutes. I hope everything is ready?" 

"Uh— yeah, sure." I scratched my arm, dropping the files on his table. "I'll send the remaining part of it to your email." 

He hummed a response. His fingers drummed on his laptop keys really fast, forming the beat of a song. 

Seriously? He hadn't said a thing about last Saturday. He was really going to ignore it? I felt his gaze on me so I raised my head to stare at him.

"What do you want?" He questioned crankily. 

"Nothing." I shook my head. 

"If it's about last Saturday, don't think I care. Hearing such words from people isn't a new thing to me." He explained. Unconsciously, a smirk played on my lips, forming a frown on his face. "It doesn't mean you should say it all the time, and in public. Gossipers are always around, ready to feed the internet with even the slightest mistake people like us make so your words could be manipulated and ruin my image. Be careful. You'd pay for any loss incurred by the words you speak." 

I nodded. "Okay."

"Now leave. You'll return to take notes when he comes. Your presence is taking an amount of air I ought to breathe in." He resumed drumming his fingers on the keys of the laptop.

Amount of air he ought to breathe in? That made absolutely no sense to me. He was such a dork. 

I returned to my office and plopped myself onto my chair. Gosh, I was finally free after lunch for the first time in forever, though it wasn't going to last for a long time. 

Just when I rested my head to take a nap, my phone decided to ring. Its chiming noise drifted me out of my supposed slumber. 

"Shit. Shit. Shit!" I growled, picking the damn phone up. 

It was a call from Lila. I answered the call, placing the phone to my ear tiredly. "What do you want?"

"You do know that sounded mannerless, right?" She chuckled. 

"Whatever." A roll of eyes accompanied that. 

"Well, Good afternoon to you too. I was wondering if you could come over to my house tonight for a sleepover." She requested. 

A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips. "Sure, why not? Hey, why don't you come over to join me and Nikita tonight?" I rose to my feet to open the small fridge that stood on a stand beside my office table. 

"Nah… I can't. I'm too tired to do that, that's why I asked you to come over. It's okay if you can't." 

"No, it's fine. I was just wondering." I shrugged, knowing fully well that she couldn't see me. I took out a bottle of apple-flavored soft drink from the fridge and closed it 

"I'll be expecting you then. Bye." 

"Bye." I ended the call, returning to my chair. 

After gulping half of the content of the soft drink in one drought, I set the bottle aside and called Nikita. 

"Hey, bae." She said after answering the call. 

"Hi. Where are you?" I asked due to the loud noise in the background. 

"Chilling, feeling good, having fun." She chuckled. 

"Having fun?" I quirked an eyebrow at her. "Shouldn't you be working?"