Little Things | Levi x (Borrower) Reader

Prompt- Reader is a borrower and levi discovers her

a/n- borrowers are basically little people that live in walls, roofs, or floors of a human house. They 'borrow' things that humans wouldn't notice if the went missing. Borrowers usually try not to let humans know of their existence.

A good movie i recommend called 'The secret world of Arreitty' is about borrowers.

You've always lived in the walls. The wood only leaving two inches between your world and his. Your house was small, around the size of medium box, small to humans but to you it felt spacious. You've lived there all you life with just the two inches separating you and him. Him being caption Levi. His home was ideal. Warm, always stocked, and clean. Dust was a problem for borrowers, it was inconvenient and frankly annoying. But here, dust seemed nonexistent. Your parents lived a few rooms down although they are the only other people of your size that you've seen in all you years.

You usually traveled out at night but today the man, Levi, would be out and you were in need of cloth. Though Levi kept the room warm and the wood did let some though, it could get cold at night. After making sure you were situated, you stepped though the perfect sized hole in the wall and onto a stand of sorts. Levi kept his tea station there, the smell always being there to wake you up in the morning. You climbed down his stand and over to his dresser, carefully climbing up and noticing a napkin on the very top. Though it was a little thin, you decided to use that and forget about actual cloth seeing as Levi usually didn't have a lot of extras anyway due to his clean and formal nature. When you reached the top and your fingers just barely brushed the tissue, the door opened. You panicked, trying to his underneath and succeeding.

"I know your there. I'm not going crazy."

You kept quiet until the napkin over you was pick up, you being left behind practically on display. You quickly tried to run but being in the frantic state you were, you ran towards the edge. You didn't have time to stop and began to plummet almost immediately. You freaked out, your mind trying to figure out how to save yourself. Or make it hurt less. Either way you knew this was going to be bad, possibly fatal. Before you had time to prepare though, a gentle surface cupped your figure, making it feel as though you had just fallen in place- barely any pain. You felt yourself being lifted though and glanced to see your savior being Levi's hand. He held you up to eye level, examining you.

"Y'know I knew something was off but I didn't this it would be this." His usually rough and hard-toned voice was gone, instead replaced by a soft whisper- much to your gratitude.

His voice surly would've hurt your ears had he talked like normal and especially close distance.

"My names Levi." He spoke, "What's your name?"

"Y-Y/n."

"Well then Y/n. Care to explain why your taking my stuff?" He didn't sound mean or angry, instead he seemed genuinely curious.

"I um I need it. Just little things though! I don't usually take large stuff!" You tried to defend.

"I see." He looked down at the napkin that was still in his other hand. "And what do you need this for?"

"Well um the wood doesn't let much heat through and this will help be a blanket at night."

He hummed in understanding, clearly contemplating everything so far.

"How long have you been in the walls?"

"Around a year or so." You answered.

"Is there anything you need that I don't have?"

The question surprised you, you hadn't expected him to be this accepting.

"U-Um cloth. And food. Yeah food. You keep it very clean so it's hard to find things to eat sometimes."

He nodded at your answer, setting the napkin down and opening a drawer. He pulled out a cravat of his, letting you see it.

"This should be the right size right? I'll make you a deal. You explain everything and i'll give you this and much more."

You agreed, sharing your origin and life to him as he nodded, listening intently the whole time. When you were finished Levi had you help him make a list of things he needed to change to make you more comfortable. You insisted that you didn't need anything yet he wouldn't let you say no.

The next day he brought you small things like a mini electrical heating pad, the cravat he promised, and more. He even brought a little tray to set next to you hole in the wall. He explained that it was where he'd leave food, then he asked if there was any food you didn't like.

Life from then on was easier and you'd wake up early in the morning to talk to Levi while he got ready, snacking on some of the things he'd brought all the while. You also helped him clean, getting corners with your tiny hands. Levi was secretly happy to have a friend and was glad to have you around. He made sure to ask if you were ever in need of something and you often sat on his desk while he was doing papers.

One time, you stepped in ink and got it on your foot so you stepped on Levi's hand, transferring it to him. He scowled but the smile that came right after made you know he wasn't really upset and instead he picked you up, threatening to lock you in his drawer as pay back. He never did though and set you down, continuing to talk and work for the next couple of hours before he fell asleep, his arms crossed and his head laying inside. You did the same, curling up between his arm and head, letting his breathing both keep you warm and lull you to sleep.

Extra-
Levi takes you outside and you get attacked

Being small, you could be interpreted as an oversized bug. Atleast, that's what you thought as you screamed, running towards your safe haven from a sparrow.

Levi had brought you outside a little bit ago to a meadow with a couple trees. He had wanted to go out and didn't want to leave you all alone so he asked you to go with him, you said yes of course. The outside world was a dangerous place in such a tiny body but Levi would be there to protect you. Or he would be if you didn't go running off.

"Levi!" You screamed, running as fast as you could. "Levi!!" You dodged grass and others of the sort as you bolted to where he was.

"Y/n?" You heard his voice call.

He was no longer relaxed and instead was on his knees looking for you.

"Help!" You continued to scream.

His eyes locked on your figure racing through the grass to escape the beast that chased you. You were only a few feet away from Levi when the bird dived, Levi doing the same and getting there quicker. His hands cupped over you and his whole body followed, letting him free one hand to shoo the bird away. When it finally left, after a couple more squawks, Levi picked you up, holding you to his chest. You could hear his heat racing, it was practically a beating drum to you.

"What the hell were you thinking Y/n! You could've been killed! You gotta be more careful."

You didn't reply and snuggled further into him. He laid back, you still cradled to his chest. With the warm sun on you both you began to feel sleepy. When you were almost asleep you and Levi heard a distant crow and his hands quickly moved to blanket your back and lower, leaving your head and neck out. His hands were warm and protective, making you feel safe as the two of you fell peaceful slumber together.

a/n- thoughts? requests? i appreciate it all sm

what's one animal you wish could be your spirit animal and why?

your beautiful and doing amazing<3