Arc 1 Chapter 11: The Underworld Boss

Chen Yanyan fell asleep in the bed just like Diyu had suggested. 

He was sleeping peacefully into the night when suddenly he awoke with the feeling of pain.

Chen Yanyan: "Ah hurts!"

System 0: "It hurts?"

Chen Yanyan: "It hurts."

System: "What hurts?"

Chen Yanyan: "My stomach."

"Oh is something wrong with your body? What could it be, what could it be?! Should I do a scan!?!" The System was beginning to panic.

Chen Yanyan: "...I'm hungry."

System: "...."

Chen Yanyan: "Hey don't look at me like that, I wasn't able to eat all day!"

It was true, in the busyness of the day Chen Yanyan had forgotten all about eating and because Diyu never had guests and hadn't considered Chen Yanyan staying this long he had completely forgotten about feeding the other man. 

What made matters worse was that before this Chen Yanyan had been on a hunger strike at the hospital, he had only been able to sneak in a few nutrients during the week.

Now that everything calmed down Chen Yanayn finally woke up due to hunger, it was only natural under such circumstances!

Chen Yanyan: "If I went up to get some food you don't think Diyu would be mad... right?"

System 0 contemplated it seriously. "Probably not, but it could definitely tarnish his image of you and make you seem like a glutton, a pig, a gorger, a-"

Chen Yanyan ignored the system. "As long as I'm quiet he probably won't notice me. By the way what floor is Diyu's room on?"

System 0: "There are multiple rooms in this mansion but the room Diyu mainly sleeps on is on the top floor and you're currently on the main floor."

"Perfect!" If Diyu was on the top floor sleeping then it would be easier for Chen Yanyan to maneuver around quietly for some food, at this time of night he would simply go unnoticed.

With that he struggled to his feet before slowly making his way to the wheelchair in the far corner of the room.

After comfortably sitting down he started to wheel himself out and down into a long empty hall.

Chen Yanyan: "So what way to the closest fridge?"

System: "Go down this hall and take a left then go right."

The halls were dark as Chen Yanyan quietly wheeled. He didn't bother turning on lights as he simply listened to the system's directions and used the reflection of the moon in the windows to  guide his path.

Chen Yanyan hadn't been given a full tour of the large house yet so he simply had to trust System 0, quietly he opened the door to a room. 

As he did so he eagerly wheeled in in order to find a fridge for food but unfortunately he was only met with an unoccupied desk, a sofa... and bed in the corner...?

Chen Yanyan immediately stopped wheeling as he suddenly felt like he was caught in the wrong domain.

With cold eyes and a bitter voice he spoke towards the system. "Where's the fridge?"

System: "There should be a wine cooler in the corner of the room."

Chen Yanyan: "....A wine cooler?"

System: "A wine cooler."

Chen Yanyan: "A wine cooler isn't a fridge!"

System 0 stopped for a moment, confused. "Oh...? What's the difference?"

Chen Yanyan suddenly felt another headache coming on. "Wine isn't food, I want food, lead me to food-"Just as he was speaking to the system he suddenly noticed the soft sound of breathing,

Chen Yanyan's body tensed. "Haha system, I thought you said you don't need to breath-"

System: "I don't."

Chen Yanyan stiffly turned around, looking closer towards the far off bed he suddenly laid eyes on a familiar man.

Diyu!

Chen Yanyan wanted to book it as fast as possible! But as he looked at the scary man he noticed a pair of closed eyes and the gentle sound of breathing, Diyu seemed to be... fast asleep?

Chen Yanyan breathed out a quiet sigh of relief before turning to the system in anger. "I thought you said Diyu was upstairs!"

System 0: "I said his room was upstairs I never said he was sleeping up there."

Chen Yanyan: "It was implied that I wanted to know where he currently was, and besides that you didn't even lead me to a fridge!"

System 0 was also beginning to grow cross. "Tch, you humans are so picky I found a cooler with sustenance, what more do you want?"

Chen Yanyna: "Food! I want food!"

Chen Yanyan looked at the man in a light sleep again, he was very lucky to not have already woken him. With such thoughts he decided it would be best to quickly leave!

Chen Yanyan: "Who knows what that man will think if he sees me here."

Even if Chen Yanyan was supposed to make that man like him he didn't want to be caught in his bedroom! He was nowhere near ready for that level of shamelessness!

With that thought Chen Yanyan slowly began wheeling away to make his escape! Just as he was about to leave the room he glanced at the sleeping man once more.

This time Diyu's face was directly reflected in the moonlight showing all his facial features, suddenly his eyebrows creased in pain, he looked to be having a nightmare. 

He no longer held the same scary cruelness he maintained during the day instead his face was soft and tender, seemingly full of openings.

As Chen Yanyan looked he found himself surprised by how even such a cruel man could expose such weakness.

No, Chen Yanyan realized it was more than just that, now that Diyu was sleeping the hints of fragility were now apparent on his face, he seemed like someone who had experienced great pains all alone. 

Yes, he looked no more than a simple lonely soul surrounded in isolation, it reminded Chen Yanyan of himself whenever he was in the lonesome hospital. 

As if hypnotized Chen Yanyan quietly wheeled over to the man.

In a daze he softly reached out his hand and gently touched Diyu's pale face. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do but he had the odd sense that he simply wanted to be close to the other man and help him.

However in that single moment that he touched skin his hand was roughly grabbed and caught by another.

Chen Yanyan: "...!"

Diyu: "...What the hell are you doing?" 

A pair of twisted purple mistrusting eyes suddenly looked up from their deep sleep.