Arc 1 Chapter 13: The Underworld Boss

Chen Yanyan awoke the next morning feeling very tired and hungry. He quickly got up and into his wheelchair before rolling down the hall. 

This time he decided not to listen to the stupid system as he tried to find his own way to the kitchen.

It was not long before he stumbled upon a real fridge off in the distance, with extra eagerness he wheeled himself forward.

It was at this time that he saw a familiar man sitting at a large kitchen table, he seemed to be lost in thought while he analyzed documents and sat at a laptop.

Chen Yanyan: "If I disturbed his work, he wouldn't hate me right?"

System: "I don't know, could be interesting, ~why don't you try?"

Chen Yanyan: "...."

Chen Yanyan didn't want to disturb the man but he hadn't been formally led through the house the other day either, he was unsure if it was fine to blindly eat.

Unsure if it would be regarded as disrespectful or not if he simply took food, Chen Yanyan deciding it would be best to ask. 

Unwillingly he spoke up, deciding to aim at a neutral apple placed in a basket on the counter. "Is it ok if I eat this?"

Diyu didn't even bother looking up as he coldly spoke: "Eat what you want, you will be responsible for your own meals."

Although it was a cold response it was the best case scenario Chen Yanyan could ask for, now knew he had free range to whatever food was there. 

Little did he know Diyu didn't know how to treat a "house guest," this was the kindest response he knew how to give. Growing up on the streets Diyu was unaware how to treat guests and had never formally even had one over, let alone have one sleep at his residence either...

It was truly a first for Diyu and Chen Yanyan alike.

Chen Yanyan reached out into a basket on the counter for a nice shiny apple, he had always loved hard crunchy food. 

Taking a generous bite it was just as satisfying as he had hoped. 

The apple was crisp and delicious, rich with juice as it dripped down onto his fingers. It held a sweet and slightly tangy flavor that made it all the more mouthwatering.

Considering Chen Yanyan had had nothing to eat the other day, the apple was like a god-tier food at the moment. 

After finishing a whole one he was not yet satisfied so he grabbed another, another, and another, and another...

System: "Host sure is a glutton."

Just as Chen Yanyan realized what he was doing he quickly looked up towards Diyu hoping he had not noticed his absurd unprofessionalism.

The instance he looked up his eyes directly locked onto the other man, he had been watching him the entire time...

Chen Yanyan swallowed his bite whole before giving a slight smile. "Ah, this other apple in my hand is definitely meant for you not me, you haven't eaten anything right? You should definitely have fruit first thing in the morning." Before the other man could decline, Chen Yanyan was already wheeling to him.

He hoped that by giving him at least one apple it would make him appear less greedy in the eyes of the other man. 

He was already on thin ice, if he showed greedy behavior it was sure to remind Diyu of his betrayal stealing from the group.

The worst thing he could do in this situation was encourage that stigma.

Chen Yanyan offered it up as a sort of offering to the other man. "Here take it."