39: Where it Started

Y'all see the sketch of Peter, Colin and Dakota at the top of this chapter? :,) my babies

Remember to drop a vote☆ or leave a comment♡
The support of readers means so so much to writers and y'all don't know how much one single comment can give us motivation to continue what we do. If you genuinely enjoy something, I can assure you that telling a writer can flip their entire day around :)

 If you genuinely enjoy something, I can assure you that telling a writer can flip their entire day around :)

For three days after the fallout with Colin, Peter kept his distance. It wasn't his intention to do so, no. But he couldn't see any way he could attempt to fix the rift between them without making things worse.

The first time he had tried, Colin had walked out on him. What assurance did he have that it wouldn't happen again?

It wasn't like Peter particularly enjoyed staying at his sister's home as much as he used to. Still, he'd rather be here than in his lonely dorm room. But most, he'd rather be back at Regal Heights, which contributed to why all his belongings were now stacked in a corner.

"Make sure all your dirty clothes are in the laundry basket, Peter. You too, Lily. Else you'll be washing them yourselves. By hand." The stress on the last two words meant Ivy wasn't joking, and even Lily knew that enough to get up from where she sat on the floor.

Peter blocked with his knees. "Cry and she'll do it herself. You're too cute for her to say no," he told his niece as he brushed along the longs strands of her hair, smoothing it with his hands as he went.

Ivy walked into the room a while later, hands on her hips with a frown on her face. "Did you two not hear me?" Her first question was left unanswered when her eyes fell on the large suitcase and bags settled in front of the closet. "You packed?" She asked, receiving a nod in answer. Her lips uncurled from the frown and formed an 'o.' "I thought you had moved back in?"

"Peter's going?" Lily interrupted with a gasp, grabbing onto Peter's leg. He couldn't tell if it was in good or in bad faith, even though the possibility of Lily being happy that he was leaving hurt him.

"No, Poison Ivy. Yes, flower. I came to get the rest of my stuff, but I've been unsure of going back, because Colin and I got into this stupid fight." Peter rolled his eyes. The next stroke was harder, making Lily yelp.

"Over the apartment?" Ivy asked, bending over Lily and tucking the little girl's hair behind her ears.

"Over our relationship."

"Relationship? Like relationship relationship? A romantic relationship? With your roommate? Who's a guy?" Ivy stared with a perplexed face.

"Colin's your boyfriend?" Lily's gasp was higher than the previous one. Again, Peter had no way to tell if it was well-meant or not.

"Yes, to both." With caution, he enquired, "Is that bad, flower?"