Chapter 6

BROKEN DREAMS CLUB
☽ ✮ ☾

JOHN B AND JJ, WENT TO REPORT THEIR DISCOVERY

JOHN B AND JJ, WENT TO REPORT THEIR DISCOVERY. But because of the hurricane, it was a mess and people were busy so nothing happened much, which disappointed the boys who wanted a reward.

"Well, that went well," mumbled Pope.

"So, what's the plan?" asked JJ, an arm on Hope's shoulder, leaning on her. She glared at him and he took off his arm, not without grinning at her.

"I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat," said John B, showing his friends the key with a knowing look.

Pope shook his head. "We don't know whose room that is. It could be anyone."

"I'm in," said JJ as he threw the Key to Kiara.

"I'm in," Hope repeated JJ's words and he high-fives her in response. She had to protect those idiots, besides she was actually having fun which she hadn't had in a long time. And, it was only for today. After that, she could of back to her self-loathing.

"Come on. I'll be lookout," said Kiara.

John B tapped Pope's shoulder. "Finder's fee. Just saying. And, hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice."

"Man," mumbled Pope.

"Come on, Bubba " John B encouraged him. "Even your Kook cousin is coming."

☽ ✮ ☾

The teens were now pulling up to the shitty motel, which looked like a mess because of the hurricane. JJ whistled. "I thought the Chateau looked bad," he mumbled when they arrived.

John B agreed with JJ. "This place is a shit show."

"Motel or meth lab?" Kiara asked them.

Pope responded to Kiara. "You be the judge."

Hope scrunched her nose in disgust. The smell was horrible here, and her developed werewolf sent didn't help. "I'm saying both, Meth lab and shady Motel."

"Doesn't look like a place someone with a Grady-White stay." John B said, his eyebrows furrowed. Hope had to agree that the situation was getting sketchy and really odd. It was that she was afraid because she was literally the strongest creature on the planet. But still, she had a weird feeling about this.

"No, it looks like the type somebody with a Grady-White would get murdered," Pope told them.

"Ohhh maybe we will finally get to see a dead body" Hope joked looking at her newfound cousin. "You'll finally get your wish, Pope"