Ten

"Stop it, lass" Henry scolded while grabbing the bucket of feed from my hands.

I groaned. "Come on, just let me help. I feel bad sitting around while you two work," I complained as Timothy walked in carrying a bale of hay.

"You'll feel even worse if you fuck your ribs up more," he said, setting the hay in Lyria's stable.

Lyria, the pegasus I first met almost two weeks ago that had my doubting reality, huffed at me. I had a feeling she didn't like me much. I swear I could feel her glare boring into my back whenever I was in here.

"I'm fine now, they don't even hurt anymore." It was true. Ezra had started giving me a second vial of foul-smelling medicine since the second day I went to see him. The smell alone made me want to empty my stomach, but I couldn't deny how much it made my ribs feel better. I felt healthier now than I had in years. The three regular meals a day helped too. My boney frame had started to fill out again as my appetite grew. I had put enough meat on my bones again that I was starting to fear that I would turn into the fat girl I once was in my distant memory.

"Don't care, lass. You don't work till Lord Ezra says otherwise," Henry said.

"Shouldn't you be heading over there now anyway?" Timothy asked, grabbing sugar cubes to give to Lyria.

"Yeah," I said brushing my hands on my pants. "I was just waiting out Axel. I saw him earlier and wanted to avoid that encounter." 

Timothy laughed. "Avoiding the sex demon?"

Sex demon, that was a far better fitting title for Axel than sex God. He may have a face and body that rivalled a god's, but the way he acted would make angels blush. I had been lucky enough to avoid the other three, Cassius, Zev, and Jaxon these past two weeks. I had a routine of eating breakfast, going to see Ezra, then accompanying Henry, Kai, or Timothy as they did their work. I spent most of the day in areas populated with other servants. They had no reason to run into me, especially considering their rooms were on the other end of the manor. And lucky for me, it seemed like Cassius had forgotten about me since I hadn't been summoned for the meeting I was warned about after I first awoke.

Despite that, Axel seemed to be going out of his way to run into me. He would be waiting at the top of the stairs at the same time each morning. He claimed it was to get to know his wife better, but all he wanted to know were answers to sexually charged questions as his lingering touches grew more daring. It has become such a regular routine that I stopped feeling fear at his words, but his touch did something to me. I couldn't think clearly when he touched my bare skin. My reaction made me panic more than the actual touch did.

The past few days I had been trying to avoid him and his filthy mind, there was only so much I could handle. Him talking about how a vagina was meant to be stretched and could even fit multiple cocks was my boiling point. Using a different set of stairs seemed like a smart idea to avoid him, but that was before I realized I had to pass by the other stairs to reach Ezra's workshop.

"He's not bein' inappropriate or anythin', is he?" Henry stopped and asked in concern.

I smiled gently. I wasn't used to the care that he'd been giving me. "No," I said shaking my head. "Just annoying."

The corner of his lips curved up. "Good." He grabbed a shove and turned away and entered Lyria's stale. "You best get goin', Ezra will be wonderin' where you are."

I sighed and looked over to the analog clock that hung over the tack room door. It was already half an hour past from when I would usually see him.

"I suppose," I mumbled under my breath.

"Don't worry, he's probably gone by now," Timothy said, ruffling my hair.