V. LOKI'S HIDDEN AGENDA

——————

JARVIS was still trying to decrypt S.H.I.E.L.D.'s secure files, slowly breaking through its defenses.

"Shouldn't S.H.I.E.L.D. know by now that someone is trying to hack their system?" Luna questioned after hour three of waiting.

She was still sitting in the lab as Bruce and mostly Tony were busy putting the finishing touches on their tracking program. She was fiddling with the communication device in her ear that Tony had given her earlier, he thought it would be handy if she could keep in contact with the team, as they all already had one. She had scoffed in disbelief that she was almost left out again but took it either way.

Like clockwork, Director Fury stomped into the room, his face not predicting a nice or pleasant conversation.

"Speak of the devil..." Luna murmured.

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" Fury asked, his voice strained.

"Kind of wondering the same thing about you," Stark countered as he approached the director.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract."

"We are," Bruce started. "The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit we'll have the location within half a mile."

Luna stepped forward, bending the water she was playing with back into her flask. "And then you can get your blue sparkling cube of death back and we can all go back to our pathetic little lives," she added right before Stark's program beeped.

JARVIS had done it.

Tony looked at its revealed contents before moving the monitor to face Fury. "What is phase 2?" he asked accusatory, the letters 'phase 2' revealing themselves on the monitor.

As if on cue, Steve walked into the room, harshly putting down what looked like a weapon on the table. "Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D. using the cube to make weapons," he said and turned his head to Tony. "Sorry, computer was moving a bit slow for me."

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean we're making—" Fury began but was quickly cut off by Tony, who pulled up multiple blueprints on the screen of the weapon laying on the table before them.

"I'm sorry, Nick. What were you lying?"

Steve looked at the director and said, "I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit."

Romanoff and Thor soon re-joined them in the lab.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asked Romanoff as she stepped into the room.

"You wanna think of removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" she countered

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed."

"Natasha's right, Loki said—" Luna began, getting pretty tired of people cutting her off and talking over her. She took a deep breath as Romanoff started talking and decided to let it slide once again.

"Loki is manipulating you," Romanoff said as she approached Bruce.

"And you've been doing what, exactly?" he questioned.

"You didn't come here because I batted my eyelashes at you," she replied, her voice steady as it usually was.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction," he asked as he turned to the rest of the group, specifically Fury.

"Because of him," Fury said and pointed his finger at Thor.

"Me?" Thor questioned.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only, we are not alone, we are hopelessly, hilariously outgunned."

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet," Thor spoke as he crossed his arms.

"Last time I checked, Loki was one of  'your people,'" Luna pointed out.