downtown tokyo II

"Obviously you met DK," Leia looked up at the street lights above her parked car. In the distance you could see part of the bright Tokyo skyline, the overpass of several highways towering above the large area of the car meet. "His real name is Tetsurou Kuroo. Everyone calls him DK, though."

You continued to stare at the horizon, the city lights shining brightly against the night sky. "DK? What does that mean?"

"Drift King," Leia responded with a large smile on her face as she swung her legs back and forth. "All the girls call him Dragon King because of the dragon tattoo on his arm, but if you're lucky enough to sleep with him you're able to see the full thing on his back." Leia hummed as she looked up at the highway overpass, watching cars speed by.

"Drift King?" You pondered while raising an eyebrow, knowing the word sounded familiar, yet not familiar enough for you to remember.

"He's the best drift racer in all of Tokyo. You know when cars do donuts around in a circle?" Leia swirled her finger in a circular motion to mimic a full revolution. "It's like that, but cooler."

You both looked back at Kuroo leaning against the side of his bright red Nissan 350Z, flexing his right bicep while proudly showing off the dragon tattoo across his arm. Another guy with dyed blonde hair tied back into a small bun came up to him, handing a wrench from the toolbelt around his waist.

"That guy right next DK is Kenma Kozume, a.k.a. Snake Eyes." Leia mentioned, motioning her finger to his direction. "He doesn't race, but he's the best mechanic on Nekoma, the absolute mastermind behind DK's excellent drifting. If your car gets tuned by Snake Eyes, you're bound to win the race."

"Nekoma," you looked towards the label on Kuroo's bomber jacket that Leia had around her waist. "Is that your car club?"

"Yeah, kind of. We're part of the top five gangs in all of Tokyo for street racing," Leia explained with her head leaned back. "The others, not as good as Nekoma, but also in the top five—Seijoh, just like your cousin," She turned her head to face your body, the ends of her lips curled up against her cheeks. "Fukurodani, Inarizaki and Karasuno as well."

"Damn," you exasperated. "That's a lot of names to remember."

"I'm sure your cousin can probably help you out on it," Leia whistled. "Just know their names and color associations and you should be fine."

You both heard a boom of laughter, followed by the revving of a loud car engine. A grey Mitsubishi Eclipse with yellow rims on the tires passed by Leia's car as it blasted a song with heavy bass—you recognized it as Drake's Nonstop.

A man with spiky grey hair sat in the driver's seat as you both watched him pull over and back into an empty parking space, diligently hopping out of his vehicle. He enthusiastically chuckled with other men dressed in grey around him, the bright yellow font of their nicknames plastered on the back of their bomber jackets.

"That's Kotarou Bokuto, a.k.a. Blackjack." Leia mentioned with her head tilted and a smile on her face. "You can hear him and his car from a mile away."

You looked back over at Bokuto who stood proudly in his grey bomber jacket, talking to another guy in the same one with the words Fukurodani Squad  labeled on the front. He immediately slapped the man's back, another laughter erupting from his mouth as his eyebrows raised up in an enthusiastic nature. They all surrounded silver cars with yellow accents, their side of the parking lot blasting upbeat drum and bass music.

"Bokuto is extremely popular around here and makes an interesting rival for the racers. He doesn't drift, but somehow always seems to give DK a hard time when they race." Leia pointed to a man talking to Bokuto with short black hair and blue eyes, a toothpick resting in between the corner of his lips. "Keiji Akaashi, a.k.a. Spades—also an excellent mechanic. Not comparable to Kenma, but always comes up with new tricks for Blackjack's Eclipse."