downtown tokyo IV

"You're in university, right? Biochemistry major?" Oikawa placed the e-cigarette in between his fingers back into his pocket before peering at you from the corner of his eyes.

"Wait, how'd you know that?" You snapped, pinching your eyebrows close together while shifting your body to the right.

"Relax, I'm just trying to spark up a conversation. Iwaizumi told me a lot about you over the past several months and I just so happened to retain all that information." Oikawa chuckled as he closed his eyes and rested his elbow on the middle console in between you two.

"Obsessed, much?" You stuck out your bottom lip and peered back at him with your right eyebrow raised. Shifting your mouth from a frown into a light-hearted smile, you let out a small chuckle from underneath your breath. "That's a little creepy, knowing someone's life so extensively without ever meeting them."

He chuckled along with you, turning his head to face the front of his car. "Well, it's not my fault. I only know so much because your cousin wouldn't shut up about you for months. Every single day for weeks on end, something new about you and your life always had to come up during work hours at our shop."

You snickered under your breath, remembering the thought of Iwaizumi constantly rambling on about anything he deemed exciting at the moment. The minute your father taught him how to change a tire, for weeks he couldn't stop describing the steps over and over again every time you guys played together. "Yeah, that's Hajime for you. He always has something to say, it's been like that since we were kids."

"I practically know everything about you at this point," Oikawa turned his head to the left, staring straight into your eyes. "Even your most embarrassing moments as a kid."

"What? Nah, I don't believe you." You crossed your legs and your arms while still peering at Oikawa with a smile, shaking your head. "You're bluffing."

"Quiz me then." He shifted his body towards you and rested his cheek against the palm of his hand, his left elbow still on the middle console. When he tilted his head over to the right, he shot you a facetious grin with his eyes hooded down. "I'm sure I can get everything right."

You accepted his challenge and began listing a few basic questions about yourself, ranging from your favorite color to your childhood nickname. Oikawa got everything correct, rapidly answering each question with ease. He brushed it off like it was nothing, purposefully wanting you to increase the intensity of the questions.

Starting to become annoyed, you decided to give him questions about yourself that Iwaizumi didn't know, just to prove him wrong out of spite. You asked him at what age did you start a particular hobby—which only to you, was entirely false because you never started that particular hobby in the first place. Yet, to your surprise, Oikawa was able to detect it was a trick question.

Your jaw instantly dropped as you furrowed your eyebrows at him, watching his eyes looking up and down your body as he smiled without moving a muscle. "How did you know I was lying?"

"You just don't seem like the kind of person to do that sort of thing."

You reflected back on his assumption, questioning to yourself if you really were the kind of the person to do that particular hobby. Would you have been that kind of person if you did? Although you had previously decided you definitely weren't, after hearing his input, you started to wonder if others perceived you the way you assumptively perceived others.

For a brief moment, there was silence between you two. As you were contemplating on his remark, Oikawa reclined back in his seat and stared down at the car meet, scanning through the parking lot. You noticed he relaxed the bold grin on his face, now alleviated into a mundane yet serene expression.