downtown tokyo V

He began to pull you through the crowd and back to his car, speeding up the long strides he took as he maneuvered through several bodies. You looked back over your shoulder, quickly glancing at Iwaizumi—recognizing the same wide grin he always gave back then, waving his arm goodbye as he disappeared into the sea of people.

Oikawa reached into his back pocket and pulled out his keys, quickly unlocking the RX-7 while opening the passenger side door for you. His chivalrous actions didn't go unnoticed as you whispered a quick 'thank you' before hopping into his vehicle. You buckled your seatbelt as he shut the door and made his way over onto the other side, nonchalantly hopping into the driver's seat.

Oikawa quickly pressed down on the clutch before placing his keys into the engine, turning on the car as he rolled down the windows on both sides. You could smell the gasoline and exhaust smoke again as the cold air seeped into the vehicle—the sound of engines roaring and the crowd cheering vibrantly filling up your ears while the entire car rumbled beneath your feet.

As he released the emergency brake down, Oikawa took his foot off the clutch, letting the car slowly move forward. His headlights flashed onto the crowd that made space for him to enter the street, people on both sides of his car staring at the two of you in awe. As you looked up into the rearview mirror, he instantly relaxed his eyes, a small smirk slowly creeping upon his lips.

The crowd for the third race became twice as large as the second, noticing the sudden increase in attendance for the best racers. Oikawa rolled up to the starting line and revved his engine loudly, provoking the red Nissan 350Z to his right. You leaned your head forward to see no other than DK himself in it, taking off his black sunglasses and resting his arm on top of the steering wheel, showing off his elaborate dragon tattoo.

A familiar face popped out right next to him, immediately recognizing it was Leia in the passenger seat. She waved her left hand out the window, yelling in excitement.

"Hey bitch! Fancy seeing you here!" She screamed over the loudness of the engines.

"Hey!" You yelled as you waved back at her, shoving your right hand in front of Oikawa's face.

"What are you doing in Cypher's ride?!" Leia screamed again, leaning out of the car as she cupped her mouth with her hands, amplifying her voice.

You leaned closer to Oikawa's window, also cupping your mouth. "It's a long story, I'll tell you later!"

"Well, you're totally gonna owe me ramen later when DK wins!" She taunted as Kuroo revved his engine twice, provoking Oikawa in the process.

"We'll see about that!" You gave Leia a wink, for which she returned one back before ducking her head back into Kuroo's car. Oikawa revved his engine multiple times as he grabbed the wad of cash from his pocket and flashed it out the window, teasing Kuroo.

"You see this, DK? That prize money's gonna be all mine, you hear me? All mine!" He shouted out the window as he stuck out his tongue, showing off the bright silver piercing situated near the apex. While shaking the money in his hands violently at Kuroo, Oikawa signaled a playful taunt towards his pride. His intimidating assertion frightened you slightly because before, he kept a calm and collected demeanor throughout the entire time you were talking with him.

You looked over your left shoulder only to see the Tyrant himself, Karasuno Killers' Tobio Kageyama. He stared at you with his dark blueberry eyes and a scowl on his face, revving his engine twice in order to taunt Oikawa. Further left past him was Shinsuke Kita from the Inarizaki Bois and Kotarou Bokuto from the Fukurodani Squad.

Turning your head back to the right, you noticed Oikawa glaring malevolently at Kageyama, a sense of rage deep within his pupils. He pointed at him with an infuriated expression on his face, his left hand directly in front of your eyes. "Watch out, Tyrant—I'm gonna fucking smoke you."