Chapter 6 - Not Alone

Third Person POV

As Ayanokouji entered Class D he found nearly every student of Class D looking intently at the people standing on the podium. The three prominent figures of Class D Horikita Suzune, Hirata Yosuke and Karuizawa Kei were standing in front of the Class. Horikita had a serious expression on her face. Karuizawa sent a suspicious look at Ayanokouji which he simply ignored and made his way to his seat.

Horikita glanced at the time piece and waited for a few minutes. After the last person Sudou entered the class with a huge bag in his hand, she went at the front. She began to address the class, "As we all know we will soon be facing examinations. So as the leader of the Class I would like to discuss few things with you all. But before that Sakura San, could you please close the doors"

Sakura timidly nodded and got up from her seat. She closed the door and Horikita began to speak again, "Thank you Sakura San, please take your seat."

After Sakura sat back down, Horikita turned towards board where some names were written. These were the names of students who had scored below average.

Nearly 23 people from the Class of 40 were severely bad in academics. The average percentile of Class D being 57%. It was far less than the average percentile of Class A which was 89%. A gap of 32% wasn't easy to cover. It was almost impossible.

Horikita then turned back towards the class and said, "The goal for our coming exams should be to increase the grades of people who are well below the average. Because as long as our total score exceeds there the average won't matter. I can expect the top scorers of the class to do score high marks and also lend there help in helping those below average."

No one objected and Horikita continued, "I will take the responsibility of people who are have the lowest scores in the class which include Ike Kun, Yamauchi Kun, Sudou Kun, Sakura San and Satō San."

The people in question nodded. Sakura looked at Ayanokouji who was staring outside the window. She wanted to study with him but it looked like her fate was decided. Koenji was just brushing his hair with comb with a smirk on his face.

Horikita turned towards Hirata and asked politely, "Hirata Kun, could you please take care of the rest of the boys who are not so sound in studies?"

Hirata nodded and smiled but a girl spoke up, "Why can't hirata Kun teach the girls?"

Hirata just nervously smiled and Horikita let out a frustrated breath. She turned towards the girl who asked the question and said, "Matsushita San is taking the responsibility of teaching the girls."

The class was silent for a minute processing Horikita's words. 'Was she serious, Matsushita was not trustworthy' was what everyone was thinking,

And so, the entire Class D was thrown into a state of turmoil. Everyone was yelling confused at the actions of there leader. Wasn't she the one who told them that Matsushita was untrustworthy and her current actions conflicted with her previous ones? It was all so confusing to them.

Horikita rubbed her temple, she had expected there would be problems but not to this extent. This was going to be harder unless matsushita was telling the truth. She glanced at Karuizawa beside her who was tapping her feat to ease her nervousness. Horikita shook her head, she was going to trust matsushita.

"I believe that even though she lied to us about her marks, that doesn't mean she can't contribute to the class and redeem herself. Everyone deserves second chances is what I believe in." Horikita calmly said.

Yeah, Horikita had changed. Earlier she wouldn't have given anyone second chance. But now, it was different. She had failed Ayanokouji Kun nearly four times but still he didn't give up on her. And Horikita was not going to give up on her goal.