Ch 213: How to get close to Texas

Lin Ye didn't observe the form for long before he said blankly, "Fake."

"What's fake?"

"I said that's fake." Lin Ye pointed at the form "It doesn't count if you sign it yourself."

Lappland's ears shot up and she immediately became angry, "Huh? Signed it myself?! Isn't this your department stamp?! Look!"

Lin Ye took a look at the form and saw that it was indeed his stamp. But he didn't remember stamping it for her.

That could only mean...

"You!" Now it was Lin Ye's turn to be angry "Did you steal my stamp and stamped it yourself?!" he yelled.

"When did I steal?!" Lapland yelled back at him, "I'm innocent here!"

"Innocent?! You even have the audacity to not admit it?!!" Lin Ye became really annoyed.

After all, Orchid had already very clearly told him about the importance of his new job. Once something goes wrong, he has to be the one responsible for it. Lin Ye really took his new job seriously.

He even was excited to do it. But Lappland had ruined that opportunity for him and won't even admit it too!

So, Lin Ye, who couldn't bear it anymore, exploded out "If you didn't do it, then who?! A dog?!"

At this time, a calm voice was heard. Lin Ye froze and turned his head to see Skadi slowly coming out of the bathroom.

"I am not a dog." she said with an even voice.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

A few minutes later. Lappland is now sulking on the sofa.

Skadi stood by the window and looked blankly at the scenery outside.

Embarrassed by what had happened, Lin Ye tries to explain himself.

"That..." Lin Ye first apologized to Skadi, "I didn't mean anything by what I said I was just angry and spoke in the heat of the moment."

"It's okay." Skadi says, "You weren't angry."

"No, I..." Lin Ye looked at Skadi's face but wasn't able to see any emotions on it. She was unreadable.

An awkward silence ensued.

Finally, Skadi takes the initiative and asks Lin Ye "I can't stamp the form, can I?"

...Lin Ye didn't know how to put it into words.

But Skadi already understood, she nods "I understand. I originally thought that since I was your assistant, I should be able to do it."

"Uh, this is... " he couldn't help but feel bad.

He quickly explained, "It's okay, you can stamp for me. But there are some situations where you need to discuss things with me first before doing anything. Like for some problematic children."

"Problematic children?" Lappland heard what Lin Ye said and immediately turned her head to stare at Lin Ye, "Who are you talking about?"

Lin Ye didn't pay attention to Lappland but explained the situation to Skadi first.

Once he was done, he sat on the sofa opposite of Lappland.

"Cough... It was my mistake for accusing you." Lin Ye said, feeling awkward, "I misunderstood you."

Lappland folds her arms across her chest and waits for what he wants to say.

"Then can you forgive me for what I said?"

"It doesn't matter." Lappland waves her hand, "I forgive you." she said generously.

"I-I'm glad for that. Really, I am. But can you give that form to me first before sending it to Amiya?" Lappland's silver eyes widened.

"You quack doctor!" she really is angry now.

Lin Ye saw that her tail stiffened up like how a cat's tail would when threatened.

"I already went through the trouble of collecting everyone's stamp here! You think I'm going to hand it over to you that easily?!"

Lin Ye can already feel a massive headache coming. He doesn't know how to explain the situation clearly to Lappland in a way for her to easily understand. Nonetheless, he bit the bullet and patiently spoke to her.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

After explaining to her, Lappland tilted her head: "You need a month before you can send the form to Amiya?"

"Yes," Lin Ye nods.

"Then why not I keep the form-." she pockets the form. " And I will send it to her for you after a month. I'll tell her that you were the one who stamped it."

Lin Ye's mouth twitches slightly.

Dammit of all the times she turned her IQ on... Lin Ye cursed.

"That's not possible." Lin Ye had to say euphemistically, "because I still have to observe you."

"What do you need to observe?"

"Well—"

Lappland realized something: "Wait! Hold on, this is the counselling room and you said you're a quack doctor of psychology."

"Can you remove the word 'quack' please?" Lin Ye pleaded.

It immediately clicked in Lappland's little head. She stood up from the sofa and backed off a few steps from Lin Ye.

"Are you trying to see if there is something wrong with my mind!?"

Well shit, she saw right through me... Lin Ye sighed helplessly.

Seeing that she isn't cooperating with him, he took out the milk biscuits that Jessica gave him before in an attempt to coax her "Lappland, do you want to eat biscuits? It's a milky flavour."

Lapland moved closer and sniffed the air, "Wow." she seems to like the smell.

"How about this, I give you the biscuits and you give me that form, okay?" Lin Ye tries to bribe her with them.

"Sure." Lappland nods repeatedly and then hands the form over to him.

Halfway through, she suddenly woke up from Lin Ye's 'hypnosis'

She pulls the form back and glares at Lin Ye, "Are you treating me like an idiot?!"

'Of course, I am.' Lin Ye thought.

Lin Ye didn't change his facial expression and thought of something.

"Well, I do need that form." Lin Ye says, "Let's make a deal, you give me the form, I conduct my observation on you for one month and if I see that there's no problem with you. I'll return the form and consider the agreement stamped by me. I'll even give you the biscuits now if you cooperate."

"I don't need those biscuits..." Lappland says although she looked rather conflicted while saying it.

"Don't rush to refuse. I'll give you another deal. "Lin Ye says confidently like a merchant in a black market offering an irresistible deal, "In return for the form, I'll teach you how to approach Texas properly."

Lappland's fluffy ears and tail perked up instantly.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by d0d0b1rd & NeverAnAuthor

Edit by Jaq