Chapter 10

BROKEN DREAMS CLUB
☽ ✮ ☾

POPE HADE MADE SOME RESEARCH ABOUT HOPE'S FAMILY AND HE HAD FOUND DISTURBING THINGS

POPE HADE MADE SOME RESEARCH ABOUT HOPE'S FAMILY AND HE HAD FOUND DISTURBING THINGS. And some things don't make sense about Hope. He was sure he had seen her with blood on her forehead last time, but she had no injury. And then there was the time where Topper hit her and still no injury, no bruise. It was odd. He was suspicious and when he found some pictures of her family looking exactly the same as her painting from 1864 to 1994.

He had assembled a Pogue meeting to talk about it with his friends because frankly he was getting scared by those informations.

"Okay, so I told you there was something wrong with Hope since we first meet her right?" Pope asked his friends.

"Of course, there is something wrong with her, she's a hot Kook who brings us delicious food and is slumming with us. She's a good surfer also. I don't know why she wants to hang out with us but I don't care honestly" JJ said.

"No, listen to me seriously JJ, remember the time where you fell in the water, she hit her head and I swear I saw blood on her forehead, but the next minute she was fine, no injury."

"Maybe you saw wrong," said JJ. "wouldn't be the first time."

"Yeah I don't understand what the big of a deal is here Pope," said Kiara confused. She didn't like Hope that much but she didn't understand what was Pope trying to do here and what was the huge discovery he made about her.

"Well then we all saw how when Topper hit her on the nose, she didn't even have a bruising later!"

John B shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe she doesn't bruise easily."

"No there is something different with her, and I found what. When I went to her house, I saw a painting of her and her family "

"Okay?" said JJ confused. "What the big deal? I saw it too."

"Wait you were at her house?" asked Kiara to JJ.

"That's not important!" let out Pope frustrated.

"Wow, Pope. That's a rare outburst of emotion coming from you." John B taunted his friend.

Pope sighed frustrated by his friend's lack of seriousness. "I did some digging in new Orleans and found some stuff, it's crazy. Look at this picture you see that man in the suit?"

"The one with the curly hair?" John B asked.

"He looks like a shady gangster," commented JJ.